I broke my dad's tractor

tiffany743

May 4, 2011
baton rouge, LA
I broke my dad's 20 year old kubota. Its one of the small ones. I think the hydroulic pump went out. The box blade wont move up and down anymore. Does anyone have any idea how much that would cost to fix? I heard you have to "split the tractor in half" to get to the pump, but I dont know what that means. :confused:

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Let us know what model this tractor is.

What was happening when the tractor "broke"?
Might just be low on fluid or the filter is plugged.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Just return it with a big red bow on it! he'll never notice.

Just kiddin' around, we're glad you stopped in to join us. someone will surely be able to help. Just make sure to provide the info asked, try whats suggested, and tell us what worked. that way we may be able to help someone else too. there by learning something ourselves.:D

kytim

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Stuart, thats OK they are green!

tiffany743

May 4, 2011
baton rouge, LA
Thanks everyone for your helpful posts. The model is an L2600. I will get my husband to check the oil & filter this evening. Actually I think the tractor is more like 30 years old, but its always been very trusty. Im just worried it will cost more to fix than its worth. I appriciate everyones comments!

PS My dad already knows!
:mad:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...The box blade wont move up and down anymore...
Hello

maybe you tell us the full story.
What did you do before you realized it's not moving anymore?
Are the RPM going down (sound of engine) when you want to lift? That would indicate that the hydraulicpump makes pressure.

Or has your Dad taken the tractor back and will repair it by himself?

If you use a tool, sometimes the tool get a malfunction. That's ok, as long you use it in its limits.
Tell your Dad you give him a hand, if he is repairing it by himself. Most Dad's like it, when their 'little girls' do technical/mechanical stuff. :)

carl

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I'd love to help, but like Carl said, we need more info.

When you try to lift it do you have the RPM's up to at least 2000, when you hit the lever does it change the sound of the tractor. Does the tractor have a loader and does it still work.

Is the tractor Hydro or Gear Drive?

All this stuff will help us help you.

:)