Hydrostatic case leaking bx series

ducrider123

Equipment
BX25d
Dec 11, 2020
Miton, wi
Has anyone anyone had issues with their bx series (BX25 in my case) leaking where the side case cover meets the main case? It is leaking right through the factory sealant. Looks like a pain to fix correctly.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Not saying that this is your problem but .I've had a BX 2350 that I thought the same thing. I did clean everything up and found that my rear pto seal was seeping and the oil it ran down and along the case making me think that it was leaking where the case mates. Usually a leak higher up finds its was down and along the seam making it look like it thats where it's leaking. I found mine by dusting the area with baby powder and was able to find mine that way.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Has anyone anyone had issues with their bx series (BX25 in my case) leaking where the side case cover meets the main case? It is leaking right through the factory sealant. Looks like a pain to fix correctly.
How bad is it leaking? A drop per week, or a quart per day?

Where I come from a drop per week would be a non issue. Significantly more would be a concern....

The amount of pain is a balance between what it takes to correct the issue and how much pain the issue causes...

Just my perspective... :)

ducrider123

Equipment
BX25d
Dec 11, 2020
Miton, wi
How bad is it leaking? A drop per week, or a quart per day?

Where I come from a drop per week would be a non issue. Significantly more would be a concern....

The amount of pain is a balance between what it takes to correct the issue and how much pain the issue causes...

Just my perspective... :)
1 gallon in 4 months. To fix it right it looks like the whole hydrostatic need to be removed.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
1 gallon in 4 months. To fix it right it looks like the whole hydrostatic need to be removed.
Equates to 8 ounces per week. I guess that would be significant....

Specifically if you have a concrete floor. Wish I did....

Wishing you the best with this... (y)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
look real close after giving it a thorough cleaning. It may not be the case leaking. There are a million places for those things to leak and sometimes they'll trick you. I'm guilty. Removed an HST from a BX once to split the case for leak repair, and found that it was simply a crack in a pipe, ran down the side and looked exactly like a leaking seal. Yay.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Mine had so far two bad leaks the the dealer fixed. The first one, was caused by the third function connection that was loose and sprayed oil on to the fan, and you know what happens then. The second were two factory threaded plugs that dripped all over the transmission. They had to remove the ROPS and the fenders to remove the plugs and reinstall them with teflon tape.