Hydraulics Question, FEL - vs - 3PT hitch

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Ok this might be a dumb question but I always thought it was an issue with my old L185 because it was just old :)
Now I notice that the L3600 does the same..

When I am using the 3PT Rear Scrape Blade and the FEL clearing snow, I have noticed that if I raise the the rear blade all the way to keep it out of the way, I can't use the FEL like normal..
The Boom will raise, and the bucket will dump, but the Boom will not lower, unless I drop the 3PT about half way down...

Is this normal??? or do I have an issue that is the same on the old tractor and the newer one :(

TIA for any answers

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That's a new one on me. The loader and 3pt share the same hyd supply but they work for the most part independant of each other. About the only case I can think of when one with interfear with the other is when you try to use both at the same time. If you raise the 3pt and the loader at the same time the 3pt will stop lifting because the loader is first inline for the fluid.

Just by chance are you trying to lower the loader while the 3pt is raising up. In this case the loader will act like it doesn't want to lower. The 3pt and loader will fight against one another if you are trying to operate both of them together. The way Kubota uses the hyd system on the smaller machines each function needs to be operated independant of each other to work properly.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Sometimes when the 3PH is raised "all the way" the hydraulic pump is operating to keep it there. When you lower the 3PH a bit then the pump shuts off and is able to concentrate on its job with the FEL.

My BX2200's 3PH lift lever will return to neutral automatically to shut off the flow to the 3PH. When the lever gets out of adjustment and sticks on "lift" the FEL is worthless.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
My understanding is, when you have the 3-pt control all the way up, the hydraulics are still trying to lift the arms, and the flow is diverted back to the reservoir via the pressure relief valve. You should be able to hear the slight screeech of the hydraulics. Lowering the 3-pt just a bit - until the screech goes away - allows the control to be satisfied, and the fluid to flow to the FEL normally.
Just by the way, it is never a good idea to leave the 3-pt control all the way up to the stops with the hydraulics screeching. Sooner or later the fluid flow will wash out the relief valve and you'll have poor performance and a hefty repair bill/project.