Hydraulic top link

eichhoma

Equipment
MX6000
Jul 6, 2023
Missouri
I'm looking to add a hydraulic top link to my MX6000... Im thinking it is going to make using my quick hitch much easier... I primarily use a 7' brushhog, 6' tiller, a cargo box, and a box blade.
Any recommendations on a good one to use? also will need to get a line from the rear remote to the link.
Not sure what the good accessory brands are, what's bad.... should l I just grab one from tractor supply, etc.
I'm fairly new to this, thanks.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I'm looking to add a hydraulic top link to my MX6000... Im thinking it is going to make using my quick hitch much easier... I primarily use a 7' brushhog, 6' tiller, a cargo box, and a box blade.
Any recommendations on a good one to use? also will need to get a line from the rear remote to the link.
Not sure what the good accessory brands are, what's bad.... should l I just grab one from tractor supply, etc.
I'm fairly new to this, thanks.
Very handy when using a box blade, slip scoop, boom pole, etc. Limited usefulness otherwise.

Pay attention to Scissor's post above.

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I can't comment on Brands, but if you want a Dual Piloted Operated Check Valve (DPOCV), to prevent annoying "leak down", Just buy it like that upfront.

Modifying it later can be....lets just say....Problematic...

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...-to-shoot-ones-self-in-the-foot-part-1.63695/

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...-to-shoot-ones-self-in-the-foot-part-2.64941/
I wouldn't call it problematic, but a very humorous 5-page reading of one person's attempt to resolve a simple problem by throwing lots of time, effort, and $$$ at it. I must admit that if I screwed up as badly as he did, I might not be inclined to let anyone know about it. Now I know why your forum name is "Runs With Scissors"

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Go big or go home. For my rear port, I put a large diameter unit on. It also had to be long, say 22-32 inches. When you elevate something like a brush hog to drive to a different location, the flexing as you go over bumps puts a great thrust on the top link. The 1.5 or 2 inch won't hold up. 3 inch minimum in my experience.

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I believe mine was "hydro works" from princess auto. Cat two. I would not want to be without it. No load checks, but I adjust mine so often, that it is not a issue for me.