Hydraulic Top Link

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I just paid for a gently used hydraulic top link from Fitrite for my BX 1880. Wasn't really looking for it, just stumbled upon it on marketplace.

Pretty stoked to find it! I have a box blade I can't wait to use in conjunction with it.

Reactions: 1 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I just paid for a gently used hydraulic top link from Fitrite for my BX 1880. Wasn't really looking for it, just stumbled upon it on marketplace.

Pretty stoked to find it! I have a box blade I can't wait to use in conjunction with it.
You have remotes at the rear? Or do you have another plan to utilize the hydraulic link?

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Hydraulic top link is nice for many reasons and comes in useful with lots of 3pt attachments. It's hard to give them up once you have them. In the winter I have to remove my hydraulic top links on 2 tractors as my snow blowers use both sets of rear remotes. Come spring the snow blowers get put away and the hydraulic rear remotes get fitted again.

You can never have too many sets of rear remotes, I was on my third tractor before I came to my senses and started fitting a minimum of 2 sets!

Enjoy your new hydraulic top link.

Reactions: 2 users

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
Good think you did. There's a 34 week wait now at Fit Right for top or side links and hoses.
I know, I've priced top and tilt with Brian!

This is one reason I'm stoked to have found it used. I had picked out a cylinder that would most likely work from Surplus something or another that is cheaper that I was probably going to use. I kept putting it off though and now I'm glad I did. This isn't just "close", it's dead on it, and I'm sure better quality!

I'm undecided on whether to get a tilt cylinder. I don't know that I would use that as much, and I think it's nearly impossible to find other than the one Fitrite makes.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I want to get a tile cylinder at some point. It’s a PITA to manually tilt the blade and afterwards have to manually measure and take it back to level the lift arms to run harrows/planters/everything else.

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
With the things I do with the tractor, I just don't know that I'll ever need to tilt an implement. I'm going to hold off and see if I ever find myself doing so, or wanting to do so.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Im a bit envious. I’d like to get a top link for my 23s. They are not easy to find for a decent price around here.

Reactions: 1 user

91diesel

Equipment
BX23S Homemade hyd toplink and pallet forks, Agriease/Nor-Trac snowblower
Dec 31, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I made one for my BS23s. I measured the factory link and found a ram that was 'pretty close' to the retracted and extended lengths. Then I found a valve to operate it and attached that to the ROPS. Then had a hydraulic store fab up the hoses to tie into the factory BH hoses. I actually have it set up where the top link stays on the tractor even with the BH installed (with hoses remaining hooked up). I should note that I don't reverse my seat when using the BH, I've never done work with the BH for so long that I found it useful.

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
IMG_20220124_173014354.jpg

IMG_20220124_172959056.jpg

Woop!

I used it a little bit this past weekend with my landscape rake. I really only used it to tilt making it easier to load and unload the tractor on the trailer but that was nice!

• Love

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I was like a kid in a candy store when mine came in from Brian last year. If you are like me (who never had top or tilt on a tractor before) you will never not have one again. btw I find the tilt to be super useful.
I've graded my steep, twisty gravel driveway with a box and rear blades using the tilt function. I'm sure I could have done it without but it would have been a lot harder and longer to do.
Hooking up implements now with Pat's Easy change and the tilt function is a breeze.
Use it well!

Reactions: 1 user