Hydraulic surging noticed

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
Been doing some dirt work to start a new pond at the house. Tractor is a L 4400. I’m running a box blade with about 200 pounds of weight on it to cut a little better(too much weight?). With the box in the air, I’m noticing the main (largest) hydraulic line that runs to the FEL controls is pulsating fairly quickly. If I lower the box, it quits surging, or pulsating. Hydraulic fluid level is good in sight glass. Too much weight on box? It is a medium duty one with 5 rippers.
Tractor still does have other issues as well, but I’ve been using it more in the last few weeks.
Thanks,
Craig

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Been doing some dirt work to start a new pond at the house. Tractor is a L 4400. I’m running a box blade with about 200 pounds of weight on it to cut a little better(too much weight?). With the box in the air, I’m noticing the main (largest) hydraulic line that runs to the FEL controls is pulsating fairly quickly. If I lower the box, it quits surging, or pulsating. Hydraulic fluid level is good in sight glass. Too much weight on box? It is a medium duty one with 5 rippers.
Tractor still does have other issues as well, but I’ve been using it more in the last few weeks.
Thanks,
Craig
Simple fixes, either fluid level is too low, check that, or you will need to adjust the feedback linkage, that will make them surge, as it's trying to compensate for the maladjusted linkage.

Sorry no cheap or free WSM download available for that model.

Either get one locally or have one sent to you:

https://www.messicks.com/part/9y011-13502/l4400-work-shop-manual

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas