Hydraulic spool questions m4500dt

Benjaminearl

Equipment
8'rotary
Aug 29, 2018
Remsen
Just bought my first tractor. 80s m4500dt. It has two spools attached by the draft lever. Missing one handle. The inside one goes to two rear remote quick disconnects. The outside one has a quick disconnect on the top side of the spool but only has one. My question is, every spool should need 2 ports for flow? Is the plug off the rear of that same spool where the other quick disconnect ceilings and someone just plugged it? And I'm looking to hooking up a rear 3pt mounted backhoe. Is the aux pto pump better than trying to hook it to tractor hydraulics or would one of those remotes work or do I need a different spool or hookup to get good digging and operating power? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
If you add a hoe with it's own pump, it's likely the pump will be sized for the hoe, and your PTO will easily power it. Your machine is rated at 7.3gpm, which is plenty to run a small hoe, a B21 or B26 are 7 gpm rated.
If you add a hoe, a subframe is highly recommended.
Your remotes should be able to be used, can't quite see if there is a second port on one or not, it's probably just a single acting valve, a lot of attachments many years ago had only single acting cylinders.
I don't think there is a service manual kicking around the net but there is an operator manual here if you don't have one.
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php
This one is probably worth the $ in the long run if you don't find something else
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352234169521

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Get a PTO powered pump for the BH, you'll be a lot better off all the way around.
If you going to do a three point BH you'll need the three point reinforcing plate for the top link.