Hydraulic Question?

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Where is the best place to Tap-in/hook-up, the hydraulic-In-out fittings To run hose's to the control valve? I'm going to put a hookup for a grapple up front and another hookup in the rear for possible hyd angle for the blade.
This is for the MX 5100.
Thanks.................

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
For the grapple you would hook into the loader hydraulics circuit.
For the rear the best way to do it would be to get the factory add on valve and rear remote kit, or again same place the loader hooks in.
Kubota hydraulics are an open system and a continuous loop so no tee's (except on the tank outlet), the rest must be plumbed in series.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Thanks Wolfman,

I was thinking about doing the tee's, Glad I checked in first, would of been money wasted.....................
Thanks Again.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I added rear remotes to my L3000. I unhooked the line going into the loader control, went into a new valve, came out of the new valve back to the loader control. Really easy and way cheaper than the factory add-on. It has worked perfect for several years now.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
This has a hyd block next to the hyd filter, under the rt floor board, hard line (pressure side) from pump to this block,(comes in at side) than 3-lines coming off of the face, two on top (coming out) go to loader control (1-each side) the 3rd is at the bottom of the block,( loader control return?) I'm thinking return, (not sure) I was hoping to tee into top for pressure and tee bottom for return. Than there is a fourth line (hard) going from back of block into trans case. It's low on the block same as the one on front. I hope all this all makes sense:eek:
I was hoping I could run off this block (teed) back to control valve, than from valve back to the block.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Thanks bulldog,
you got me to thinking, like wolf man said no tee,, So if I come from the return on loader valve, than back to the rear valve,(for supply) than no tee in that side. Than the return from the rear valve back to the block. (port where the front valve did return) "Again no Tee"... This is starting to make sense to me. :rolleyes:
that would put the rear valve in series.. Am I getting this right????
Thanks a bunch Guy's..........

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
This is what I did.

#1 is where the factory line went in the loader control.

Take that line #2 and plumb it to the input for the new valve.

#3 line is output from the valve plumbed back to the input port #1 for the loader control.

Lines #4 go to the rear remotes.

You said you wanted rear remotes and grapple control. That would be as simple as using a valve with 2 controls / 4 port output. Go to the rear from one control and to the front with the other.

Basicly you borrow hyd fluid from the factory system. You don't have to tap into anything or really change anything. You are just rerouting the flow but in the end nothing has been changed on the factory plumbing. There may be better ways but this has worked great for me.

Attachments

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Got-it,
I was over thinking the hole deal. The valve I got is a 4-way wobble stick type, Forward/back, Right/Left, Was Going to do the front/back for grapple, and right/left for rear blade.....
:pSo simple a cave man can do-it.

THANKS!!!!
A-bunch...............................:D

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
i have a B2150 ,the three point doesn't work Could I use this same set up to mount a cylinder on the rear to raise and lower the drawbar? Thanks for any input Last year I used a Harbor Freight winch attached to the ROPS a cable is not the best way

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Any reason the factory lift can't be repaired?????
The reason I ask is: I rebuilt a 3-point on A ford a wile back and it was not that bad or very expensive...(rebuild-kit)...

MattyNH

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT, R4 tires, Bradco Forks, Third function valve
Oct 15, 2014
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire
L3800DT owner here..I had the 3rd function valve installed for front end hydraulic attachments..Real easy to install..Many youtube videos on it..

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Big thank you,
Too: Wolfman & Bulldog!
UP-DATE,
Don't know where my head was, I Got the 4-way valve plumbed, All it took was 1- 66'' hose and two Ends,:eek: I was able to USE the return hose off the loader control and hook it to the new valve, $27.00 hose, $7.00 end, and $14.00 for a 45,
PS. (I really do know where my head was) LOL.................

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Orange Turbo, don't beat yourself up. My friend and I did the same thing when we first started looking at putting remotes on my tractor. We talked about where we needed to tap into the system and how to run everything. Then light bulb and the saying of the day, "Keep it simple stupid".

Kubota had already done the hard work for us. We just needed to borrow some flow from a already working system. From where I mounted my control the factory line reached the input and it took one line about 18" long to go back to the loader control. About like what you did, very simple, fairly cheap and works great.

I'm glad to have been able to lend a hand, happy tractoring...:D