Hydraulic Oil Cooler

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Has anyone ever added an auxiliary hydraulic oil cooler to a BX25D ? Thinking it would be easy to plumb in , just tap into the power out line for the back hoe and remove the filter screen in front the radiator and mount a tranny cooler to the radiator. I know the hydraulics get pretty hot when using the back hoe a lot. Thinking that can't be good for the machine. Any thoughts ?

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Does the hydraulic fluid getting that warm hurt anything? Thinking cooler would be better.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That tractor is designed to run in a lot hotter climates and condition than you get in Michigan.
I've worked with equipment in AZ that was running hotter than a BBQ grill and they held up fine, Hydraulic fluid and components are designed for extreme heat.
I don't think you can push that BX25 hard enough to get it hot enough to do any damage. ;)
If your worried drain all the fluid and replace it and the filters with SUDT 2, it has the best cooling ability, high temp flow and lubricity of any fluid.

Besides removing the screen will not help, if anything it could hurt, doesn't take much debris to clog up the fins on the radiator making it useless.

Last edited:

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
That tractor is designed to run in a lot hotter climates and condition than you get in Michigan.
I've worked with equipment in AZ that was running hotter than a BBQ grill and they held up fine, Hydraulic fluid and components are designed for extreme heat.
I don't think you can push that BX25 hard enough to get it hot enough to do any damage. ;)
If your worried drain all the fluid and replace it and the filters with SUDT 2, it has the best cooling ability, high temp flow and lubricity of any fluid.

Besides removing the screen will not help, if anything it could hurt, doesn't take much debris to clog up the fins on the radiator making it useless.
Thanks , good to know. At fifty hours I did change the hydraulic fluid and did use super udt2 , changed the filter , and cleaned the screen. I never knew that hydraulics ran that warm.