Hydraulic line clamp no isolators?

Dusty Dan

Equipment
BX2200, Dirt Master Backhoe, Essick VR30RE Road Vibratory Road Roller
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
BX2200 but maybe generic.
Quick question. Parts diagram shows the hydraulic line clamps, #100 below, "CLAMP, TUBE 75538-68610", bolting directly down on the steel hydraulic lines. Is this really the way it should be done? My lines are smashed in on top directly under the clamps. Purchased the tractor with 1000 hours on it so I don't have a history on this. About to install new factory lines.

Kubota hdraulic line clamp.png

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
sounds like someone reefed up on the bolt(#110), clamp should secure NOT squash the lines.
Hmm, steel high press lines are dang TOUGH, so someone MUST have used impact at a zillion ####s.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe an improper clamp. As GreensvilleJay indicated, the clamp should only staballze the line not deform it.

Dusty Dan

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
Follow up. Maybe it will help others.

Order the parts from Coleman. Installed the 3 lines. The two bolts and the sturdy factory clamp can crush the lines without undo torque. It is more or less a vice, I stopped when the center line started going oval. The lines can take a load of internal pressure but not external.

I can imagine an owner giving these bolts a nip when the bolts back out a bit, or the lines deform from vibration or torque from the hydraulic hoses. Eventually causing a leak. I will be adding jam nuts to the bottom of the clamp bolts. If the lines loosen I will know its not the bolts and come up with a better clamping solution.

If these pipes did not have several inches of pipe past the clamp with unsupported hydraulic hoses attached the clamp would be fine. Other similar clamps on the tractor are not causing problems.

Should note that this tractor is at about 1700 hours. The first problem with a leak under this clamp happened at 1100.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
wow, the fact you can crush the 'steel' lines is,well, worrysome, to say the least.....
perhaps adding a plastic 'spacer' to prevent the clamp from 'crushing' the tubing ? Locktite the bolt to prevent 'backout' ??
gotta wonder how the factory did/does it and if others have had the same problem ?

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
perhaps adding a plastic 'spacer' to prevent the clamp from 'crushing' the tubing
I often use the cold water milky white tubing from any hardware store for this exact purpose. Split it with a utility knife and slide it in place. I also run 3/16" brake line through it for abrasion resistance when you can't get it back in the original brackets (running it behind fuel tanks, etc.).

Last edited:

Dusty Dan

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
Looking online I found aluminum and plastic spacers made to take the line. @Pau7220 I am not sure how that soft plastic line would help. Are you sliding it between the tubes or over them?
@GreensvilleJay Although loctite is wonderful stuff I think I will have move confidence with a jam nut.