Hydraulic Filter Trouble

nharleydon

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 7, 2013
Beacon Falls, Ct.
The coupler on my BX2200 54" mower deck came off the pto during use causing the driveshaft to whack the hydraulic fiter and punture it. While replacing it I notice that the force of the driveshaft has stripped some of the threads off the stud that the filter screws on causing the new filter to not tighten completley. It doesn't look like the stud is one piece and is part of the casting. If I rethread the stud, would the factory hydraulic filter still fit. I'm in dire straights!!! I can't imagine the price of a new front casing! Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The coupler on my BX2200 54" mower deck came off the pto during use causing the driveshaft to whack the hydraulic fiter and punture it. While replacing it I notice that the force of the driveshaft has stripped some of the threads off the stud that the filter screws on causing the new filter to not tighten completley. It doesn't look like the stud is one piece and is part of the casting. If I rethread the stud, would the factory hydraulic filter still fit. I'm in dire straights!!! I can't imagine the price of a new front casing! Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
I'll give you some more bad news, you are going to have a hard time finding that cover alone if you need it.
I would chase the threads and you should be able to make it work.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I'd check to see if that "stud" is a section of pipe. I know some cars are set up that way. If so you replace that "pipe", you are "in business" again.. Perhaps check to see if you can remove it by using a tapered "tool" like an Easy-Out on the inside. There are tools specifically made (years ago I know) for removing small nipple pipes working from inside them.

One chaser of threads can be fashioned from an old (or even a new) filter, cutting notches into the threads, making it a form of die. Chances are the threads are metric. You need some way to be sure you are not cross threading.

Finally, why did the PTO coupler come off?