Hydraulic Block Fitting Help Needed

LorenS

Equipment
B2150HSD, Land Pride AT2572, Koyker 120 FEL
Mar 22, 2021
Hello,
I am wanting to hook up my new-to-me FEL to my B2150 and neither I nor the dealer (?!) can figure out what fittings I need to replace the plugs in my hydraulic block so I can actually use those ports. It appears the best/factory solution was banjo fittings, but the pipes are discontinued - I can deal with that, but need the right fitting to go in the hydraulic block. I read this morning that the threads are likely BSPP, but I know nothing else about the fitting, like how long it should be. Does anyone have a part number or dimensions for these banjo bolts? Is there additional weirdness going on in there beyond being a normal banjo fitting?

Here's a picture I snagged from Google, that actually came from this site which shows what part of the tractor I'm talking about. I want to buy A, B, Sump fittings. Part number for the existing plugs is 67810-37890.
1637420021118.jpeg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello,
I am wanting to hook up my new-to-me FEL to my B2150 and neither I nor the dealer (?!) can figure out what fittings I need to replace the plugs in my hydraulic block so I can actually use those ports. It appears the best/factory solution was banjo fittings, but the pipes are discontinued - I can deal with that, but need the right fitting to go in the hydraulic block. I read this morning that the threads are likely BSPP, but I know nothing else about the fitting, like how long it should be. Does anyone have a part number or dimensions for these banjo bolts? Is there additional weirdness going on in there beyond being a normal banjo fitting?

Here's a picture I snagged from Google, that actually came from this site which shows what part of the tractor I'm talking about. I want to buy A, B, Sump fittings. Part number for the existing plugs is 67810-37890.
View attachment 70069
Real simple - take them out and measure them. They may or may not be BSPP - metric is another possibility. Odds are good they are BSPP but verify that before buying anything. Using calipers measure the OD of the thread and use that to aid in identifying the thread form. If in doubt take one to a hydraulic supplier and have them ID it.

If they are really trying your dealer can do that as well.

Dan

Last edited:

LorenS

Equipment
Mar 22, 2021
Real simple - take them out and measure them. They may or may not be BSPP - metric is another possibility. Odds are good they are BSPP but verify that before buying anything. Using calipers measure the OD of the thread and use that to aid in identifying the thread form. If in doubt take one to a hydraulic supplier and have them ID it.

If they are really trying your dealer can do that as well.

Dan
Yes, taking out and measuring is the 'easiest' other than needing to drain the hydraulic fluid, then putting it back in after measuring so I can actually move/use the tractor while waiting for the fittings to arrive. Then do it all again when I get the fittings - which I still wouldn't know anything about other than thread size.

If the dealer was as smart as you give them credit, they would measure the plug they now have in stock and use that information to sell me the correct fittings which I would happily order from them, even if they buy them from the local hydraulic shop and mark them up, so I have one entity to blame if it's wrong. I buy a lot of stuff from them and actually went in there Thursday morning to buy the fittings, so it's not like they'd be giving away information for free to someone who never gives them business.

Alas, they have bankers hours November to March (actually, even most bankers have Saturday morning hours), so I can't just go in there and buy the plug (~$2.50) to take to the hydraulic shop - and again, I still wouldn't know anything about the required fitting other than its thread size.

So it really seems to me the easiest and wisest is to ask on this forum and hope someone chimes in that can either guide me to the information I need, or just provide it, because they have first-hand knowledge. Parts catalog and internet searches have failed me thus far, hence me being here.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes, taking out and measuring is the 'easiest' other than needing to drain the hydraulic fluid, then putting it back in after measuring so I can actually move/use the tractor while waiting for the fittings to arrive. Then do it all again when I get the fittings - which I still wouldn't know anything about other than thread size.

If the dealer was as smart as you give them credit, they would measure the plug they now have in stock and use that information to sell me the correct fittings which I would happily order from them, even if they buy them from the local hydraulic shop and mark them up, so I have one entity to blame if it's wrong. I buy a lot of stuff from them and actually went in there Thursday morning to buy the fittings, so it's not like they'd be giving away information for free to someone who never gives them business.

Alas, they have bankers hours November to March (actually, even most bankers have Saturday morning hours), so I can't just go in there and buy the plug (~$2.50) to take to the hydraulic shop - and again, I still wouldn't know anything about the required fitting other than its thread size.

So it really seems to me the easiest and wisest is to ask on this forum and hope someone chimes in that can either guide me to the information I need, or just provide it, because they have first-hand knowledge. Parts catalog and internet searches have failed me thus far, hence me being here.
You don't need to drain the fluid to remove those plugs.

They are likely all the same. With the tractor OFF remove the sump plug - very little if any fluid will escape. Measure it. Put it back in. and your tractor is ready to go again.

Now use the measurements to find the thread for the adapater fittings you need. If I had the tractor here I would know in a matter of minutes.

If its BSPP buy three of these in the appropriate sizes - e.g. 9002-06-06 3/8" BSPP to3/8" JIC male adapter:

90020808-main_540x278[1].jpg

And yes - if the dealer was being helpful and has the plugs in stock he could determine the thread in a matter of minutes also. Its not a matter of being smart its a matter of being helpful.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

LorenS

Equipment
Mar 22, 2021
Thanks for the reply. One of my biggest issues is that I don't know what the required fitting is supposed to look like. Is it something like the below? I have no way of knowing by just searching my Kubota literature. I backed the plug out a little bit today and put my calipers on it. The thread size came out around 0.642" so I'm guessing that's a 3/8" BSPP or -06 fitting, yes?

I'll trust you that I need the above style of fitting and that the tractor won't drain a lot of fluid, and will take the plug to my local hydraulic shop this upcoming week so they can confirm. I really want to go the Banjo Bolt direction, as anything else will get in the way of my boot operating the pedal. I'll get the banjo with the JIC fitting for connecting my hoses.
1637451899559.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
BSPP x JIC -06 banjo and bolt will run you about $20 per port. Remember you need two sealing washers for each banjo.

3002-06_600x.png

3059a_540x405.png

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
It is not uncommon for a return line (ie: "sump") to be one size larger than the pressure lines, to ensure an unrestricted low pressure path. I would check both, just to be sure.

Reactions: 2 users