Hunting and game posts

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Magic - - food plots look great, yes sir!

I think I mentioned that a few weeks ago I saw 2 bobcat kittens.

Yesterday, my wife was out for a run and saw 2 adult bobcats.

The sightings were many miles apart; the kittens I saw weren't related to the adults she saw.

I have no adversion to the 'cats. Glad to see them in the 'hood.

They were here before we were.....

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I posted this in the "What did you do to or on your Kubota today" thread but here it is again. I got a nice white tail yesterday afternoon (general rifle opening day) on my property. He was bedded down for a few hours but I was able to get to within 200 yards without being seen, then belly crawled to a fence post about 156 yards from where he's shown below. I watched him for a while and had time to get a photo. Once he stood up I was able to put a bullet through his heart and lungs.

He dropped like a sack of potatoes. The scenic view was taken from where he dropped. The first photo was hard to get so I was surprised that it was half decent.

deer.jpg

tikka_deer.jpg

view.jpg

mx6000_deer.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I posted this in the "What did you do to or on your Kubota today" thread but here it is again. I got a nice white tail yesterday afternoon (general rifle opening day) on my property. He was bedded down for a few hours but I was able to get to within 200 yards without being seen, then belly crawled to a fence post about 156 yards from where he's shown below. I watched him for a while and had time to get a photo. Once he stood up I was able to put a bullet through his heart and lungs.

He dropped like a sack of potatoes. The scenic view was taken from where he dropped. The first photo was hard to get so I was surprised that it was half decent.

View attachment 68351

View attachment 68352

View attachment 68353

View attachment 68354
Nice kill! Ps. What cutting edge is that? And did you have to drill the holes? Your bucket kinda looks bowed like mine

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

View attachment 68351

View attachment 68352

View attachment 68353

View attachment 68354
Do you have the meat tested for disease ? In Western Pennsylvania it is recommended.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nice kill! Ps. What cutting edge is that? And did you have to drill the holes? Your bucket kinda looks bowed like mine
Thanks. It's made by Everything Attachments and the holes were already there since I bought the tractor with a Kubota bolt on cutting edge. The photo makes it look worse than it is but yes, my bucket is warped by about 1/4" in the center of the bottom edge.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Do you have the meat tested for disease ? In Western Pennsylvania it is recommended.
It's not required up here in NW MT but some recommend it. CWD isn't a big problem yet but it's starting to become an issue in some counties.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Thanks. It's made by Everything Attachments and the holes were already there since I bought the tractor with a Kubota bolt on cutting edge. The photo makes it look worse than it is but yes, my bucket is warped by about 1/4" in the center of the bottom edge.
Oh very nice. I didnt Know they offered a bolt on one. My bucket was curved since the day i brought It home too. It sucks because a bolt on edge just goes with the curve, instead of straighten it

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Oh very nice. I didnt Know they offered a bolt on one. My bucket was curved since the day i brought It home too. It sucks because a bolt on edge just goes with the curve, instead of straighten it
I could make up some spacers using 1/4" and 1/8" flat bar and put them between the cutting edge and the bucket if it were a big problem but so far it hasn't been an issue with the work I'm doing.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I could make up some spacers using 1/4" and 1/8" flat bar and put them between the cutting edge and the bucket if it were a big problem but so far it hasn't been an issue with the work I'm doing.
My bosses bucket was the same way when it was new, we tried putting it in our 100t press and it just kept curving back. Didn’t want to over bend it. Better off with an upwards curve I’d say

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Very interesting use of a tractor, mcmxl. ;) Almost all Mule Deer and a few Elk here. I’ve seen a few Whitetails in the Summer, but otherwise, they seem to avoid my property in hunting season. :D I somehow figured you would use an AR platform, but what do I know. Could have shot yesterday, but as a retired folk, why shoot on the first day and lessen the fun. ;)

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Since this board is about the outdoors and game animals I'll post this tidbit here.

To neutralize Skunk scent:

The formula is: 1 quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (fresh bottle), • ¼ cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), and • 1-2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Very interesting use of a tractor, mcmxl. ;) Almost all Mule Deer and a few Elk here. I’ve seen a few Whitetails in the Summer, but otherwise, they seem to avoid my property in hunting season. :D I somehow figured you would use an AR platform, but what do I know. Could have shot yesterday, but as a retired folk, why shoot on the first day and lessen the fun. ;)
There's an expression up here ... "never pass up a deer or elk on the first day that you'd shoot on the last" 😂 I have a friend that had a chance to shoot a nice bull elk his first hunting season up here. He figured it wasn't big enough and his next chance wasn't until 16 years later despite putting in a tremendous amount of effort year after year. I had four nice bulls on my property in the fall of 2016 but figured it wasn't hunting to shoot them from the house. Last year when a bull was on my property I remembered my friend's experience and dropped the bull 150 yards from the house.

I've wondered before if we've "met" on another forum and your AR comment has me wondering again. You wouldn't happen to shoot 1,000 yard matches by any chance?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I showed my deer plots in Reply #120 above and this morning I took advantage of the oncoming rain and top dressed with Nitrogen.
IMG_1150.JPG

I had partial bags of pelletized lime and triple 13 so I also distributed them. It's already raining there so I am happy.

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
As a diehard Hunter who also happens to own a tractor, I appreciate the fact that this is a tractor forum; I will not be posting hunting pictures on this forum. And that will respect those who prefer not to see these kind of pictures here.

I feel the same way when I see a tractor on a hunting site.

jus sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not my account, just a link I got off utoob.
Here's another:

Her smile at the end.... Wow!

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
I'm still trying to come up with the proper pronouns for my tractor.

We don't talk about the tranny anymore....

• Haha