Hub is moving on my axle

Mitymelvin``

Equipment
2021 Kubota B2601HST-1 LA435 Quick-Tach Loader
Apr 3, 2021
Lenoir, NC
Hey, Ive got a problem that I am unsure about. I have a Kubota B7200. Ive had it for years. About a year ago I noticed the left wheel and hub had slid to the outside. It wasnt far from coming all the way off. I found the issue, a missing pin that kept it from sliding. I bought a new pin and re-aligned the hub. I tightened the wedge bolt. Later I found the pin was gone again. I dont think the pin is just falling out. The last pin lasted less than 2 hours of use. I have replaced it 3 times now. Should I be looking to replace the hub? can I replace just the wedges that tighten against the axle? Could the Axle be worn to the point it will not hold the hub in place? Any advice is appreciated

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it's the newer style hubs like these( Pic below ) with the "coulters" (bolt with 2 halves of a of a wedge) take out the coulters and grind 1/8" off of the Flats where they meet each other (not the flats where they meet the axle), that will let them tighten down enough to grab the axle before they run into each other.
If not get new hubs!

Mitymelvin``

Equipment
2021 Kubota B2601HST-1 LA435 Quick-Tach Loader
Apr 3, 2021
Lenoir, NC
If it's the newer style hubs like these( Pic below ) with the "coulters" (bolt with 2 halves of a of a wedge) take out the coulters and grind 1/8" off of the Flats where they meet each other (not the flats where they meet the axle), that will let them tighten down enough to grab the axle before they run into each other.
If not get new hubs!

Thanks! I had not thought about modifying the travel distance as a solution. I’ll give that a try.