HST noise. B3350

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
Has anyone had any luck trying to quiet these things down? I spend a lot of time mowing grass and it does get old, I don’t like ear phones because a lot of times if there is sumthing going array with the machine or mower you hear it before it becomes a disaster. If I use my cruise control the noise is even louder, sounds like it’s coming right out of the cruise lever panel. Thx in advance

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Don’t know where you’re at for tractor hours, but mine REALLY quieted down when I dumped/replaced Fluid. SUDT2 is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiftTyson

Equipment
2018 L2501 HST, LA 525 Loader, Landpride Rotary Cutter, Box Blades;Bush Hog Til
Mar 24, 2018
ATHENS, GA
My L2501 HST got quieter after 34 hours. My son and I both independently noticed it. I have been wearing hearing protection while operating it. I noticed it while my son was operating it.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
dynamat or something like it will help. under the floor mat, under the seat. on the bottom of the lower windows if you have a cab. under the fenders near the frame and control levers. under the fuse panel, any place that has open surface you can put the sound absorber material... i used a material with a aluminum surface over it to help control heat transfer, as my air conditioning failed to keep the cab cool. that is until the tractor was out of warranty and i took it to a independent shop... ie: myself... the a/c system was and probably has been low on coolant since new... 20oz to have the system working... and it was at the dealer to be repaired for the cooling problem.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Coupe of things....

one - changing fluid helps a lot - S-UDT2 will make it much better!

also - the ROPS make it a bit worse too - the vibration works throughout all the metal components. Some have sprayed the "great stuff" into the Rops and had success.

Wearing earmuff will help too - if not playing music, you can still hear and feel the vibrations, and both will let you know if/when something aint quite right!

ryansmoneypit2

Equipment
B7100, 48" snow blower, woods rear blade, crappy front blade, 64" mower deck
Mar 2, 2018
virginia
I also wear headphones while mowing. in a few minutes your hands make great ears. they feel every change in vibration.