how to wire a work light on M7060

Pappy1

Equipment
M 7060
Jan 23, 2018
Jackson MS
I want to wire up some work lights on the rear of my 7016 and need a little advice.

I know that it already has wires exactly where they need to be and that they become hot when you turn the key on.
However how does that wire run.
In the owners manual it states it is 35 amp but the fuse that is labeled in the fuse box is 20 amp. is that fuse the front side work lights or for the rear.
Where are people mounting their switch.

I am thinking about running a "trigger" wire from the front work light button on the dash to a relay and splice into the wires going to the rear lights. The trigger wire will pull almost no current and I am thinking that one button on the dash for work lights front and rear would work great.

any Advice????
thanks,
Pappy

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
M7060 cab I assume?

There is a plastic plug in the cab for the switch. Get the Kubota switch, plug it in, then mount your lights. Done. Works well, looks factory.

On the lights. The OE lights draw about 10 amps (rear pair), and they are incandescent. If you go with LED's, depending on which ones you use, they can be anywhere between 5 and 25 amps; so you have to look at your light specifications.

On the open station M7060, I have not done one of those yet, so I'm of no help there.

Pappy1

Equipment
M 7060
Jan 23, 2018
Jackson MS
Sorry it took so long to get back with you.

It is an open station but thanks for the info. I plan to use a LED light bar.

P4UL

Equipment
Kubota M7060 w FEL, root grapple, box blade
Jan 1, 2019
Baytown, Texas, USA
Ok, I have the cab and want the same thing. Where can you order the switch (other than dealer) and where did you mount your light? and thanks.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I bought the Kubota switch for my M7040 to use in the place of the blank piece in the bank of switches.

The Canadian Kubota part # was 7000001156 for $27.78.

I was not prepared to do the searching necessary to find a cheaper alternative since I only needed one.

I tried finding that part # on Messicks with no luck.

Dave