How to straighten a bent drag harrow?

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Hey guys. I recently bought a drag harrow and when it arrived, I noticed it was bent in areas. I guess someone tried to pick it up while it was still attached to something heavy and bent a section of the "V" pieces. I think it will still work but would like to hear some suggestions on how to bend those stretched out "V" sections back to their normal "V" shape. Fortunately the place I bought it from credited me back my full amount paid since it was damaged. I know I've said it on this forum before, but you just can't beat the customer service Agri-Supply gives here in NC. Great company.

So if anyone know's a method or tool I can use to close these stretched out "V" sections of the harrow, please let me know. I was thinking of some type of vise mechanism. The steel is very thick on this harrow. Trust me, it doesn't bend back with all my weight on it. I will need a tool on method. I thought about used the hydraulics of my tractor and lowering the bucket on each area to close them up but think that might be a little dangerous trying to hold it steady.

Here is a picture of the harrow.
harrow.jpg

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Hey guys. I recently bought a drag harrow and when it arrived, I noticed it was bent in areas. I guess someone tried to pick it up while it was still attached to something heavy and bent a section of the "V" pieces. I think it will still work but would like to hear some suggestions on how to bend those stretched out "V" sections back to their normal "V" shape. Fortunately the place I bought it from credited me back my full amount paid since it was damaged. I know I've said it on this forum before, but you just can't beat the customer service Agri-Supply gives here in NC. Great company.

So if anyone know's a method or tool I can use to close these stretched out "V" sections of the harrow, please let me know. I was thinking of some type of vise mechanism. The steel is very thick on this harrow. Trust me, it doesn't bend back with all my weight on it. I will need a tool on method. I thought about used the hydraulics of my tractor and lowering the bucket on each area to close them up but think that might be a little dangerous trying to hold it steady.

Here is a picture of the harrow.
View attachment 22333
Hard to see from the tiny picture, but I know what you are talkin about. I have a big old vise, mounted in a reese hitch, clamp the bent piece(s) in the center, then take a long 1/2" pipe, and bend them back to what the other pieces look like. On the vise I have, I made it, so it has a real long tube, so you can really stretch it out from the truck. Because it sits real low, you can work on heavy stuff real close to the ground...:D:D

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Can't really see the problem but perhaps you could use a length of pipe or two to bend them back into position

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Try what Russell suggest, a piece of pipe a couple of feel long to slide over it sand bent it. Probably have to flip the whole thing over to get room to work.