How to reset safety switch on BX2200 2004?

orantractor

May 2, 2017
lombard
I turned off my BX2200 when its front wheel stuck in a pit. But a few minutes late the BX2200 won't even click when I turned the key. I guess it must be something with the safety switch. What I did was to leave the speed control at Neutral (back and forth quite a few times) and the PTO off (on and off a few times). But there is no luck. I check all the fuses and they are all OK. Also the battery is working (about a year old). What else shall I do to reset the safety switch? The tractor is not level off as its front wheel are in pit. Also the fuel tank is full. Many thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It could be several things, do you have any dash lights or Gauges lit or moving?

If you don't then it's the battery, cablels, or main fuse off the side of the starter.

If you do have all the lights or gauges then it's probably the seat switch, pedal switch or a combination of several causing the issue.

If you can jack it up to get the front wheel out of the hole, and then block it up it might help you out.

orantractor

May 2, 2017
lombard
I don't think there is light. but I will check again. Fuse was the first thing I looked and they seemed all right. It is hard to jack it up. I am wondering if tilt may cause problem. Thank you for the suggestion.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't think there is light. but I will check again. Fuse was the first thing I looked and they seemed all right. It is hard to jack it up. I am wondering if tilt may cause problem. Thank you for the suggestion.
The main fuse is not a normal fuse, it's a cube fuse or possibly a fuse link down by the starter.

Also if you have no power check both ends of the battery cables.

Was it a hard hit? as it sounds like you might have ripped one of them off.

orantractor

May 2, 2017
lombard
Im pretty sure there is problem with circuit connection. I left key on on-position and the light is on and clicks for a few second. Now it is dead again after I turned the key. Attached is the fuse box I checked and they are all fine. Is there other fuse I missed?

Attachments

orantractor

May 2, 2017
lombard
Problem solved. It was false connection on + of the battery. The connector was placed up side down which caused weak/false connection. Thanks for everyone!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it's cutting in and out it's not a fuse, it's a battery or cable connection issue.