How to hook up backhoe on L3800 Gear.

kgw51gmc

Equipment
L3800 Gear Drive with NOISY trans and JERKY 3PH, but Nice Ansung FEL...
Jul 14, 2013
Waynesburg, PA
Let's say that theoretically I have a 1978 Long 1199B backhoe and built a nice 4 point mount subframe to install on my L3800 Kubota.....

Also---let's say that I installed an aftermarket kit from immigrantpines on ebay to give me hydraulic remotes, which I installed on the rear of my L3800, not the front. I needed it for operating round baler gate...theoretically.

All this is theory because I don't want to void any warranties by doing something silly.;)

Now--This backhoe digs fine, I can plug it into my remotes, and run it. Problem is my DO3 electric valve, activated by a momentary contact switch (intended for a grapple on FEL) gets SUPER HOT within 5 minutes. So obviously the duty cycle of this valve is just for a grapple, not for running a hoe for hours....

So, I learned that people just make a loop of hose from somewhere on the front of the tractor, to the rear of the tractor. When hoe is hooked up, you disconnect yoru loop and plug into the hoe.....The hoe becomes the loop. When not using the hoe, you just hook the two hoses together and tie them up under the tractor so they don't get caught/ran over.

MY QUESTION: HOW DO I DO THIS? Where do I plumb in these lines? Power beyond? Pressure? outlet? tank? etc... I just want to get the most power I can and be able to run the hoe without burning up a $500 valve that needs to work during hay season!

PICS/Diagrams would do great for the learning impaired like me!@

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You could make you "power loop" come off of either the power side (pressure) or the Power beyond side.
On the block that the loader connects too it will be the top lines, bottom line is Tank return.
The upper front line is Power, the upper rear line is PB.
Me personally I would remove the PB line and loop that one.
so one line out of the block back to the rear and one line either connected to the line you just removed or one line to the port on the Loader valve that that line was going to.

Attachments

kgw51gmc

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Waynesburg, PA
Does it matter if I use PB or Pressure? Or are they the same? Do I get more power with one or the other? Thanks for the info buddy!

kgw51gmc

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Waynesburg, PA
hey wait a second, I am having a hard time understanding this. If I go from the PB on the front loader to the rear, then from the rear to the port on the block by my foot to the PB....then I would be not be returning anything to the tank...........right? Wouldn't this dead-head the pump? I don't get it. Am I missing something?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
PB goes on to supply the three point circuit and on to the tank, so no it will not dead head it.
Now if you BH has three lines on the controls, in, out, and tank then you will need to tee in on the tank line, but most BH's only have in and out. ;)