how to connect tie rods

mdb6000

Equipment
b6000
Oct 11, 2010
monroe, ct
As i was driving through my backyard in the 18" of snow i still have in spots, i got the ole' b6000 stuck. As i was trying to get unstuck, i started to turn the steering wheel to try and get those front tires going, in doing so, i heard a snap, and noticed that my front left tie rod had become disconnected from the other tire. I was able to turn the steering wheel and have the front left tire turn, but the front right tire would not. There is a rod that goes underneath the tractor from one wheel to the next, and on the tire that is broken, there is a threaded rod dangling there, but i cant quite figure out how to get that into that other rod that goes from one tire to the next. Any ideas here? Did this make sense? thanks for the help

mdb6000

Equipment
b6000
Oct 11, 2010
monroe, ct
will try to get pics tomorrow, looked at other side to mirror it, couldnt figure it out.......the threaded rod on the broken side just slips into that piece that goes under tractor to good side, cant figure out how it would fit and stay in there......

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
It sounds like the tie rod broke at a point just where the threads enter the right tie rod end such that you have part of it still threaded into the right tie rod end and the rest hanging under the tractor.