Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

langkg

Equipment
MX5200, Landpride RCD1884 rotary cutter, Landpride GS2584 grading scraper
Jun 23, 2021
Goodrich, MI
Just as the subject reads. I’d like to understand how often the membership moves their tractor on a trailer.
Some tractors stay on a farm or property or whatever and rarely go on a trailer
Other tractors are used for small businesses or multiple properties, etc and get moved often.
how about a poll!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Owned the tractor for 11 yrs, moved it from my place in the high country to my place in the lowlands and back 3 times. (300mi round trip)
Twice for maintenance/repair/modification, once for a job.

Last edited:

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I trailer mine about 4-9 times per year back and forth to the family farm.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Bought it over 20 years ago and rode it the 15 miles from seller to my home. Has not been more than a mile from the driveway ever since.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just as the subject reads. I’d like to understand how often the membership moves their tractor on a trailer.
Some tractors stay on a farm or property or whatever and rarely go on a trailer
Other tractors are used for small businesses or multiple properties, etc and get moved often.
how about a poll!
Bought my 20ft. 14K trailer 9 years ago because I have 3 tractors, with no place for repair/maintenance within 75 miles.
Needed trailer to take two different tractors to Canada (and return) to use there,.... and had both painted there.
Then needed a trailer for 700 mile round trip to pick up my used L48 TLB.

Have not used trailer recently, but it is indoors, and on blocks to save the tires.
Ready to go......if need be, available to either son also.
Trailer registration costs $20 per year.
No insurance required.

Indoor stored used trailer is worth nearly double what I paid for it 9 years ago, and I have had immediate trailer availability the entire time.
For efficient use of space, my (not in use) 1977 4x4 Ford F-250 is currently stored aboard the trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

langkg

Equipment
MX5200, Landpride RCD1884 rotary cutter, Landpride GS2584 grading scraper
Jun 23, 2021
Goodrich, MI
Thanks for the replies - keep them coming.

My trailering varies as we have property about 8 miles away where I use the tractor for land management. Sometimes I find that it's easier to just road it on over as I can run dirt roads the entire way. By the time I hitch the trailer, load it and tie everything down, I can drive the tractor over. On the other hand, I have to plan ahead carefully, because if I need a tool or something I'm stuck.

What I find a bit annoying with so many compact and utility tractors is the lack of good tie down points. If you look at most skid steers, there are pockets and tie down points provided. There are a few fab shops that are now offering brackets, but it's hit and miss on model coverage and locations.

I am considering a small side business to design and fab better brackets for a wide range of tractors. That was the catalyst for my poll. I wanted to get a sampling of how many people actually trailer the tractors and how often.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
I volunteer with a group of veterans that supply firewood to other vets and the elderly that can't afford / don't have access to firewood. During the spring/summer/fall, I use my LX2610 in the wood yard for moving logs, holding them up off the ground to cut with chainsaws, moving the cut rounds to the splitters, and loading split wood into dump trailers. About 100 hours of runtime in 2 years. Yes, I get re-imbursed for fuel and parts.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mine goes for a ride 3-4 times a year between 5-10 miles a trip.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would use my tractor to help out friends if I had a trailer, but so far all the trailers that I come across are either too small or too expensive for what they are. Probably a good thing, because my tractor doesn't move off the property, so I don't have to worry about liability insurance.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I’ve taken mine to a friend’s house a couple of times, taken it to the dealer once to add the rear remotes, and have taken it to church several times for various stuff. There was a while we were taking it to church most weekends cleaning up wind fallen trees, pulling T posts and silt fence, bush hogging, and grappling large rocks. My father got sick and that devolved into his demise, which distracted us from the church landscaping projects. We haven’t gotten back to working on the church property recently.

Even so, I only have about $750 in the trailer, which includes the permanent license tag. It lives inside so it isn’t rotting away out in the weather. And I use it once in a while for other stuff. Took my father’s 9N and a couple implements about 100 miles to my brother’s farm with it. When we replaced a railroad tie retaining wall, picked up about 6,000lb of railroad ties with it. And if I want to take the Kubota somewhere, I can. It’s worth $750 and a parking spot to have it around.

Edit: So far as tie downs I run a chain through the loader tube, another through a shackle on the draw bar, and a strap for any and all implements front and back. With the weight of mine, 4 independent tie down poinits aren’t required, just 2 and strap the implements. If I towed routinely or needed 4 independent tie downs, better tie down points would be a highly desirable upgrade. With my frequency of potential use I’m probably not a customer for tie down brackets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Weekly transport for me.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My use depends mostly on the time of the year. I don't pull tractors around in the winter since there's no need, but in the summer it could be weekly for a few months. I have two that I haul around or at least will be hauling both this spring, summer and fall.

The Kubota dealer is only 4 miles away going the back way (2-1/2 miles the direct way) so I don't bother to trailer the tractors when taking them over there.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
I use our tilt bed once in a while! Our dealer will pick-up the tractor's for major service...

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
I trailer my M4050 twice a year. Out to the farm in the spring and back to the house in the fall. I trailer my B7100 6 or so times a year to my farm and hunting lease. I borrow an equipment trailer from work to for the M4050, but my 12' utility trailer hauls the B, along with pumpkins in the fall, and occasionally some firewood. Its currently sitting at my farm with a 6.5' set of discs I bought last month, waiting for me to off load.