How NOT to do a hydraulic oil change...

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
We find the random tire or TV along the back side of our property. This takes the cake! Roughly 20 gallons of hydro oil. About 50' from a creek. Fortunately, none of them were leaking. They were all on their side and I righted them to check. I hope those ^#$holes fall on rebar.
20240311_144226.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We find the random tire or TV along the back side of our property. This takes the cake! Roughly 20 gallons of hydro oil. About 50' from a creek. Fortunately, none of them were leaking. They were all on their side and I righted them to check. I hope those ^#$holes fall on rebar.
View attachment 124058
Scumbag fly tippers!!! They should be made to consume the crap they dump and then planted vertically about 10 feet deep. 🤬

Our local landfill will accept oil which gets recycled, batteries too, all manner of stuff and we get three single axle trailer loads per household per year at no cost. But still there are f'ing scumbags who'll dump their crap on someone else's property. I tend to get a few lowlife types that throw their empty beer cans out of the window as they drive along the road below me. I've spent a few hours with garbage bags walking along the road and picking up the trash.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Scumbag fly tippers!!! They should be made to consume the crap they dump and then planted vertically about 10 feet deep. 🤬

Our local landfill will accept oil which gets recycled, batteries too, all manner of stuff and we get three single axle trailer loads per household per year at no cost. But still there are f'ing scumbags who'll dump their crap on someone else's property. I tend to get a few lowlife types that throw their empty beer cans out of the window as they drive along the road below me. I've spent a few hours with garbage bags walking along the road and picking up the trash.
That's what baffles me. Our municipality recycles oil at NO CHARGE! One of the satellite collection centers is less than 8 miles from me.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That's what baffles me. Our municipality recycles oil at NO CHARGE! One of the satellite collection centers is less than 8 miles from me.
You'll find this again and again with the types that dump trash. They are nothing more than disgusting, ignorant, lazy, evil scumbags that will continue to do what they do until they're put in the ground.

• Love

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
So agree. We live on a state road. Every couple of month i walk about a 1/4 mile cleaning up trash. Anything from beer bottles to you name it. I gather about a kitchen trash bag. So sad.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Had a jet boat hull pulled off the trailer and left. Hope it is brought up at the pearly gates.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
You'll find this again and again with the types that dump trash. They are nothing more than disgusting, ignorant, lazy, evil scumbags that will continue to do what they do until they're put in the ground.
The kind of evil not associated with Evil Twin 😉

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We have all manner of stuff dumped on neighboring properties where the land owners live elsewhere. Deer carcasses (as in the SOB who dumped it just cut the head off to get his “trophy” and discarded the remainder intact); an old mattress I say is on a developer’s property and he says is on mine but neither of us is really sure (it has only been there about 18 months); four perfectly good tires that look like someone took their P rated pavement only tires off their pickup to swap for light truck tires; yard waste; a few logs;plus some Natural Light cans, miscellaneous liquor bottles, and McDonald’s bags (don’t know what it is with McDonald’s and litter bugs).

Reminded me, several years ago I came home from work mid-day to pick up my wife to attend the funeral of one of our son’s high school friends we had known pretty well. On the way back to work I saw a landscaping crew dumping grass clippings, leaves, and small limbs in one of our fields adjacent to the road. Swung my truck into the field close enough to the apparent crew boss to get his undivided attention and asked him if he got permission from the owner of the field to dump there. I know it’s unbelievable, but he said he didn’t think anyone owned the field. Told him I knew he didn’t get the owner’s permission because I was the owner and didn’t give permission, but did he really just say he thought the field was some sort of unclaimed territory not owned by any government, person, or business? He said, yeah that’s what he said but now it sounded really stupid. Told him I had the plate numbers off two of his trucks and I had to go back to work now that I was done with a funeral for a 21 year old kid so I wasn’t in the mood to screw with him. Just load up the crap he dumped, get the f out of my field, and don’t come back so we could all avoid unnecessary effort and unpleasantries. He agreed that was appropriate. To his credit, they cleaned up pretty decent and haven’t been back.

Hydraulic oil in buckets on their side near a creek is next level. Some people just suck.

• Love

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I may have mentioned it before, the Amish in my area heat their barns with used oil and take all they can get. If you have them in your area, ask around.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I don't know if it is true but the Quickie oil change/Jiffy lube type places might accept used motor oil.
Maybe it’s a state by state thing, but in NC oil change places and auto parts stores are required to take up to 5 gallons per day per person. No purchase required. No charge allowed. You can take them 5 gallons every day they’re open and they have to keep taking it. When I changed the engine oil and hydraulic fluid in my L, I made a brief tour of local auto parts stores and got rid of all of it in less than an hour. Local O’Reilly’s, when I walk in with a grubby looking bucket they ask if I’m dumping oil, I say yes, they tell me “you know where it is”, and I take it in the back to their waste oil tank.

Been several years since I asked someone who owns a few oil change places but they said they get paid a little bit by the waste oil disposal company. He said it was his understanding the primary use was fuel for steam ship boilers. 🤷‍♂️

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I don't know if it is true but the Quickie oil change/Jiffy lube type places might accept used motor oil.
I may have mentioned it before, the Amish in my area heat their barns with used oil and take all they can get. If you have them in your area, ask around.
Getting rid of it is easy. I said there was a creek right there. Just kidding! The county recycling facility is 8 miles away.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
We have all manner of stuff dumped on neighboring properties where the land owners live elsewhere. Deer carcasses (as in the SOB who dumped it just cut the head off to get his “trophy” and discarded the remainder intact); an old mattress I say is on a developer’s property and he says is on mine but neither of us is really sure (it has only been there about 18 months); four perfectly good tires that look like someone took their P rated pavement only tires off their pickup to swap for light truck tires; yard waste; a few logs;plus some Natural Light cans, miscellaneous liquor bottles, and McDonald’s bags (don’t know what it is with McDonald’s and litter bugs).

Reminded me, several years ago I came home from work mid-day to pick up my wife to attend the funeral of one of our son’s high school friends we had known pretty well. On the way back to work I saw a landscaping crew dumping grass clippings, leaves, and small limbs in one of our fields adjacent to the road. Swung my truck into the field close enough to the apparent crew boss to get his undivided attention and asked him if he got permission from the owner of the field to dump there. I know it’s unbelievable, but he said he didn’t think anyone owned the field. Told him I knew he didn’t get the owner’s permission because I was the owner and didn’t give permission, but did he really just say he thought the field was some sort of unclaimed territory not owned by any government, person, or business? He said, yeah that’s what he said but now it sounded really stupid. Told him I had the plate numbers off two of his trucks and I had to go back to work now that I was done with a funeral for a 21 year old kid so I wasn’t in the mood to screw with him. Just load up the crap he dumped, get the f out of my field, and don’t come back so we could all avoid unnecessary effort and unpleasantries. He agreed that was appropriate. To his credit, they cleaned up pretty decent and haven’t been back.

Hydraulic oil in buckets on their side near a creek is next level. Some people just suck.
I've thought about getting cameras. Haven't really delved into it yet. The two necessary components would be solar charging and overwriting the memory. The doggo and I walk the property often enough that we see it soon after it's dumped. Wildlife would trigger the cams more often than anything. However, there is also enough traffic to trigger about 50 photos of cars just passing through.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I've thought about getting cameras. Haven't really delved into it yet. The two necessary components would be solar charging and overwriting the memory. The doggo and I walk the property often enough that we see it soon after it's dumped. Wildlife would trigger the cams more often than anything. However, there is also enough traffic to trigger about 50 photos of cars just passing through.
We have game cams in areas remote from the houses and move them once in a while so folks don’t get used to where they are. Our non-development neighbors know that because we’ve had to call a couple of them. Like the one that was upset with my father over something and urinated on the corn pile in front of Dad’s deer blind. Had to call him and tell him we didn’t need any more pictures of his shortcomings. Been pretty effective for keeping things orderly on our property. The neighboring undeveloped land I can’t do anything with other than look at it and shake my head.

I know we could put in WiFi repeaters and do something more sophisticated. For now the game cams keep people honest except, like you said, can’t very well aim them at the public road and probably wouldn’t get plate numbers anyway.