How much SUDT

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Using the Rhino ramps was the ticket once I obtained the correct filter wrenches. Literally no spillage and no need to do the filter dance. The filter does seem to hold a lot of fluid though for a small filter.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
How much is the Chevron in a drum. My local fuel/oil supplier can order it but said they never had before and didn't even have a price for it.

I just got a drum of Amsoil and my wallet is still in a cast.
Last time I bought a drum (last year) I think it was around 900 bucks, don't have the invoice handy, book keeper has it. Sure it's more now, oil has been going up even though crude is cheaper.... 30 buck drum deposit too. I get mine from Schrader Oil, have an ag account there.

Glad it's a business expense but my wallet still has tremors anyway.:eek:

Never been a fan of Amsoil. I use 5-40 Rotella T6 across the board for everything with infernal combustion engines. You can get killer prices on T6 if you watch the rebate game.

I see Delo has a huge rebate program ongoing. buy a five and get a 35 dollar rebate and the 5's are on sale too. Works out to about 10 bucks a gallon which is dirt cheap for synthetic.

Last edited:

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Last time I bought a drum (last year) I think it was around 900 bucks, don't have the invoice handy, book keeper has it. Sure it's more now, oil has been going up even though crude is cheaper.... 30 buck drum deposit too. I get mine from Schrader Oil, have an ag account there.

Glad it's a business expense but my wallet still has tremors anyway.:eek:

Never been a fan of Amsoil. I use 5-40 Rotella T6 across the board for everything with infernal combustion engines. You can get killer prices on T6 if you watch the rebate game.

I see Delo has a huge rebate program ongoing. buy a five and get a 35 dollar rebate and the 5's are on sale too. Works out to about 10 bucks a gallon which is dirt cheap for synthetic.[/QUOTE

T6 is a great product, those INFERNAL combustions engines produce excessive heat.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I paid $25 for a gal. of the SUDT. Ouch!
Par for the course. it's all expensive How'd you like to be me. i can go through almost a full 55 on 2 changes. You have an expensive quality piece of equipment that has to be taken care of.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Doesn't hydraulic fluid pick up moisture over time? If I bought a 55 gallon drum and I used 3 gallons a service...let's say 3 a year...12 gallons...it would be a 4 to 5 year supply... would that do ok sitting around that long?

-Mac

Sorry for the hijack...
You have your fluids mixed up. Brake fluid attracts moisture, hydraulic fluid and motor oil don't. I keep my drums in the back of the shop sealed up unless I,m needing it and then I put in a drum pump and pump out what I need and close them back up again

My big issue was draining the M's as they hold so much it's like an oil well when you pull the plug and not even a 5 gallon bucket works, so, I took a 105 gallon aluminum diesel fuel tank and cut it in thirds and I use one third of the tank as a drain pan. Tigged on 2 handles made from 1/2" aluminum bar stock so I can move it around if necessary. My jobber has a recycling service so I have a drum that I put in used oil and hydraulic fluid and they pick it up. The anti-freeze goes to Auto Zone for recycling (I guess). Don't have a lot of that.