how many stock Kubota Injection Pump Shims on d950

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
how many stock Kubota Injection Pump Shims on d950 an what size are thim?? also what if there is no flywheel intalled on the tractor how whould you timing the pump?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is no set amount of stock shims, every block is different, hence the need for different size shims.

If there is no flywheel how do you start it?
It also won't do a whole lot of work without a flywheel to keep the momentum and torque up.

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
There is no set amount of stock shims, every block is different, hence the need for different size shims.

If there is no flywheel how do you start it?
It also won't do a whole lot of work without a flywheel to keep the momentum and torque up.
well how many shims do you have on your d950/

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
well how many shims do you have on your d950/
The answer to your question is meaningless.

The timing is set by adding or removing shims. This is initially done upon manufacture and subsequently done any time that the injector pump is removed or there are indications of questionable timing.

Each engine is different.

SDT

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
The answer to your question is meaningless.

The timing is set by adding or removing shims. This is initially done upon manufacture and subsequently done any time that the injector pump is removed or there are indications of questionable timing.

Each engine is different.

SDT
im trying to find a good number to start with, i dont have any on there

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a D750, a D850, and a D950 here and everyone is different, different count of shims and different thicknesses of those shims, there is no "set" number or size.

What happened to the original shims?

Is there a flywheel or not?
And if not how do you start it?
And how do you connect to it?

To set it right , you need to do a spill test to get the number needed.

So put the pump in, test the amount that your off, and get the exact number and size you need.

Last edited:

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
I have a D750, a D850, and a D950 here and everyone is different, different count of shims and different thicknesses of those shims, there is no "set" number or size.

What happened to the original shims?

Is there a flywheel or not?
And if not how do you start it?
And how do you connect to it?

To set it right , you need to do a spill test to get the number needed.

So put the pump in, test the amount that your off, and get the exact number and size you need.

i dont i installed the flywheel right, also motor i bought did not have a pump or anyshims the guy thought it was gaskets, im just looking for a good number to start off

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm trying to explain to you, you don't need to start with any, put the pump in follow the procedure to spill test it and then you'll have your answer. ;)