How long can I get parts for Kubota?

kehyler

Jul 17, 2021
Northeast
Hi Guys,

I know this is a bit "unanswerable" but I'm curious how long I can reasonable expect to be able to get Kubota parts for. I'm a first time homebuyer and I (for some reason lol) like the reason of buying a compact kubota. However, it's costly and hard to justify.

So that brings me to if the upfront cost, while large, is something that can be made up by long term ownership. Can you source repair parts decades down the line? Anyone have a tractor from the 70s or 80s that they can still buy parts for readily?

Thanks,

-kehyler

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
I’m a firm believer in the adage “If you have two you have one, if you have one you have none” Also, “If you can’t hold it in your hand, you don’t own it.”

I have many gallons of fluids, many filters, greases, triple redundancy on anything consumable and have just finished a fuel storage and pumping station. I have replacement hoses, gaskets, switches, fuses, nuts and bolts, hydraulic fittings...I think you see where this is going.

Now I’m not advocating turning your home into a warehouse or a kubota repair shop, but depending on anyone or anything makes you vulnerable. Having as much in hand as possible, and knowing how to use it, of course, gives you the privilege of options and precious time.

Its expense vs investment, and, like insurance, you’ll never need it until you do.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
If you buy new, you wouldn’t have to worry so much about that. When after NOS parts dry up, there’s always salvage parts. Buy a case of filters and a drums of fluid and sleep at night :)I’d be more worried at how much longer could you buy reasonably priced fuel, or if you could get it at all at some point in the future the way things are going.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You might want to worry about your own health before the health of a Kubota tractor!! ;)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You should be able to get most parts for years. Most parts for my 1980s L 185 are available but there are several parts that are key and no longer available (head for example)

I imagine that electronic system parts will be what limits the life of modern tractors

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
My BIL has this l175 my dad bought sometime in the 70s. Still running and working today with the original Woods RFM. I don't think you need to worry too much about parts.
Pop's Kubota - L175 - 1978.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If buying something you are concerned about replacement parts for decades….then pick a popular model…not one of limited production or one that is of unique design.

Example: Not a Kubota…but my 9N Ford tractor was made in 1939 and virtually every part imaginable is available online, including OEM, Aftermarket, and chineese. The 9N, 8N and 2N Fords were so popular and shared so many common parts as to make them eternally repairable.

Kubotas are certainly well-known for robust quality and parts availability is exceellent. (Body parts can be difficult on some models.)
I”d never buy a Kubota B3350 tho’, (emissions/regen problems) despite its production numbers. Since it sounds like you’re planning to buy brand-new that won’t be an issue since it’s supposedly out of production.
The comments about electronic devices is an unknown but that applies to virtually all modern brands. Very few avenues exist for repair of circuit-boards and components, not only for lack of capable technicians but also poor return-on-investment of repair equipment and documentation. Modern emissions software is proprietary and unobtainable in many cases. (ask a modern JD owner)

We never really ”own” these things…. we’re only the present caretakers. That’s the relevance of the personal health, IMO.

Last edited:

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Here are some thoughts from me who has refurbished an old 90's L35, vintage motorcycles and other equipment:

My bottom line to you is that while your concern is valid - it is not an insurmountable concern.
You can get common parts like filters and injectors and such for a very long time.
What can't be found OEM will be found in myriads of aftermarket and used parts.
The trick is learning where all the parts places are around the country. The more you look the more you find. The internet searches and word of mouth from parts places and dealers are golden.

I've found in both motorcycle and tractor and other equipment that parts are interchangeable across brands too. An example is my lawn aerator I am refurbishing is a Bluebird, but an identical unit is Husqvarna and that is much easier for finding parts. Sometimes parts are even the same numbers!

An engine in one Kubota tractor might have identical parts in another Kubota tractor even though they aren't the same engine.
Heck, Honda uses bolts, grommets, and parts from some of their cars in their motorcycles.

Sometimes places that rebuild things, like pumps and cylinders have what you need and sometimes it worth "having them do it" if there's something broken (needing parts). If you have equipment like a welder or a lathe, you can sometimes make your own parts or repair what's broken.

I like the idea of having spares around, but you may not be able (or want) to have two of everything.
And then how often you use the tractor or piece of equipment makes a difference on component life. Some folks consider things like hydraulic hoses as "consumables" like filters or oil for that matter.

Here are some places I've used. Maybe others can also chime in on what they've used and done.

Ebay and Amazon - Non OEM is not always a bad thing.

Clearwater Hydraulics & Drive Shaft Services
6593 Sidney Cottrell Rd, Oxford, NC 27565

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you support your local K dealer they will be in business longer and supply parts accordingly.

If you regularly shop at Wallymart and Amazon then you are part of the problem.

Bezos underpays his employees and provides China with manufacturing jobs. The money he saves by screwing employees by calling them contractors he uses to builds spaceships and donate money to "charitable causes" to show what a great guy he is.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you support your local K dealer they will be in business longer and supply parts accordingly.

If you regularly shop at Wallymart and Amazon then you are part of the problem.

Bezos underpays his employees and provides China with manufacturing jobs. The money he saves by screwing employees by calling them contractors he uses to builds spaceships and donate money to "charitable causes" to show what a great guy he is.
Some of that I can agree with… but it’s disingenuous to hate a person who merely modernized a classic idea…. Amazon is a modern version of the Sears-Roebuck Catalog and WalMart screwed up by not realizing the potential of online catalog sales that reaches across all suppliers. Sears forgot where they came from.

I like Bezos’ idea of shooting actors and hedonists into space.…. he just needs to put more fuel in that thing..

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If buying something you are concerned about replacement parts for decades….then pick a popular model…not one of limited production or one that is of unique design.

Example: Not a Kubota…but my 9N Ford tractor was made in 1939 and virtually every part imaginable is available online, including OEM, Aftermarket, and chineese. The 9N, 8N and 2N Fords were so popular and shared so many common parts as to make them eternally repairable.
I”d never buy a Kubota B3350 tho’, (emissions/regen problems) despite its production numbers. Since it sounds like you’re planning to buy brand-new that won’t be an issue since it’s supposedly out of production.
Despite the millions of units made after 80 years even the N-series is reaching the point of NLA parts. Virtually everything is aftermarket including parts sold by CNH and people in the community are constantly complaining of parts that don't fit or work properly. For example no new camshafts or transmission components for a 9N. The saving grace is with so many units made there is still a good used supply of things like transmissions and engine blocks that can be rebuilt but that won't last forever.

Kubota is better than most at maintaining parts for older machines and I can still get many new OEM parts for my 50 year old B7200. But with the added complexity of modern equipment its increasingly difficult to maintain that level of availability going forward.

At age 71 my horizon is not nearly that far out. I fully expect my new L3901 will outlast me.

Dan

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi Guys,

I know this is a bit "unanswerable" but I'm curious how long I can reasonable expect to be able to get Kubota parts for. I'm a first time homebuyer and I (for some reason lol) like the reason of buying a compact kubota. However, it's costly and hard to justify.

So that brings me to if the upfront cost, while large, is something that can be made up by long term ownership. Can you source repair parts decades down the line? Anyone have a tractor from the 70s or 80s that they can still buy parts for readily?

Thanks,

-kehyler
Kubota is quite regarding parts support. Quite good but no manufacturer is perfect.

Since I bought my B1750 new in 1994, Kubota has supplied me with every part that I have tried to buy save one, a small wireing harness.

SDT