SW Pa
Jay ,Harleys do not leak oil,,, they mark their territory
Pawnee, that was a joke son , I say ,I say it was a joke

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Hardley's do have coolant. Air. That's why yer feets and legs need protection. You stop at a light and cook. Oh and your arms/hands need a rest from the vibration. But they are a lot of fun to ride. I thought about picking one up but I just can't. I'd just as soon ride a dual sport or adventure style bike, of which Harley don't make-or at least should I say, they just don't compete with what's already out there.

Had a 1200 Sportster for a minute. It was ok for short trips. Drag raced it some. We (dealer I worked for) took in a Yamaha Raider 1900 on trade and I sold the harley and bought the raider. Sweet bike. Way more power than the harley, sounded a little better too. Great bike, I really liked it. But I can't ride in town and I lived in town, noone rides in town because it's impossible to not get run over by some soccer mom or college kid trying to multi-task while driving. The drug use here is astounding and that's being conservative. Alcohol use ain't any better. You get hit in a car? Might get a bruise or break an arm or leg. Get hit on a bike? Far worse. Only got half the wheels and no "cage" around you.

Knew a guy who hit a deer on his Kawasaki, went off into the ditch with two broken legs. Laid in the ditch for 20+ hours before someone finally noticed something shiny and stopped. Guy was barely alive. Had he been in a car, probably would have just hit the deer and kept going so long as the radiator wasn't too torn up. This brings up something that the rider mentioned. A lot of times we hear on the news where someone died. But we never hear the rest of the story, did they suffer? This guy, laid there in a ditch, in some rain but mostly just hot and humid, had ants and flies crawling all over him was torn up with bites and stings and road rash. He was telling me about it and I got to the flies part and was thinking to myself I'd probably just find a way to end it right then but I guess it wasn't his time. A lady stopped and found him in some tall grass barely breathing, barely conscious. Turns out she was a nurse who was on her way home and had to take the long way because the road was closed due to...a car wreck. She gave him first aid and called the medics in, he was in the hospital for 18 days and then on crutches for a long time. I guess it was about 30 days afterward when the bike showed up at the shop on the hook, it was totaled, nothing we could do about that-and it was for the best as the gentleman didn't want anything to do with it, and after that deal I cant blame him.

Ain't riding much but my Zuma anymore but man do I miss it.