How does this attach to category 1 three point hitch?

L.C. Gray

Equipment
L3400, RTV500
May 14, 2016
Stephenville, Texas
That's not really a complete 3 point implement.

It appears that the two holes at the bottom are designed to bolt to a standard drawbar that fits between your lower links. The cross hole at the top would be for your top link to pin to.

You can pick up the drawbar at a Tractor Supply or similar Ag store.

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
L2501HST, LA525, RCR1260, BB1260, Titan 48" SS Forks, Stump Bucket
Sep 20, 2016
SC
Thanks for the picture and the help. It makes makes sense after seeing the picture.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Thanks for the picture and the help. It makes makes sense after seeing the picture.
I saw your other post asking about connecting to a quick hitch so I thought that I would post a picture of mine attached to my Harbor Freight Quick Hitch. I hope that this picture is helpful.

Attachments

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
SC
Your picture and setup are a big help. Do you recommend the HF Quick Hitch. I'm going to be attaching a Land Pride BB1260, RCR1260 and Titan Category 1 3-Pt 2" Heavy Duty Receiver Hitch

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I highly recommend the HF quick hitch. You can get it as cheap as $79.00 + tax if you have the 20% off coupon. I paid more for mine but I did not have the coupon.

In any case, I don't think that there is another product for our tractors that gives as much bang for the buck as the HF quick hitch. So far, there is just one implement that I have not been able to use it with and that is the 3 point post hole auger.

If you notice on my QH there are pins that hold the top hook in place. That is because I have to move the top hook position either up or down for some of the implements that I use. Otherwise the top hook is secured in place with bolts. I find that using the pins is faster when having to move the position of the top hook.

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
SC
Armylifer. I see the pins, great idea, thanks for the tip. I picked up the HF quick hitch today. The build quality looks good. Will I need bushings for the implements to fit snugly in the hooks of the HF Quick Hitch? The top hook looks like it would work with a 32mm maximum diameter pin and the bottom two about 38mm maximum. My implements are Land Pride BB1260, RCR1260 and Titan Category 1 3-Pt 2" Heavy Duty Receiver Hitch. Thanks again for the help.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Bushings should be used with your implements to make the implements fit snugly in the QH. I don't have any but I should. Honestly, I keep forgetting to measure them before I go to TSC. They have them at my local store but I am not sure of the size and I always forget to measure before I go to the store.

EZstreet

Equipment
L3901 HST
Sep 16, 2016
East Tennessee
Armylifer. I see the pins, great idea, thanks for the tip. I picked up the HF quick hitch today. The build quality looks good. Will I need bushings for the implements to fit snugly in the hooks of the HF Quick Hitch? The top hook looks like it would work with a 32mm maximum diameter pin and the bottom two about 38mm maximum. My implements are Land Pride BB1260, RCR1260 and Titan Category 1 3-Pt 2" Heavy Duty Receiver Hitch. Thanks again for the help.
Hello,
I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I picked up the HF QH but have yet to use it as my new tractor was delivered with the RCR1260 hooked up and I just wanted to get all my mowing done before messing with it. I have purchased TSC 3-2 and 2-1 bushing for the BB1260 and they seem to fit nicely inside each other. I also have clevis pins for quick placement of the top hook on the HF QH (I hope this is safe and I am not sure I will actually need to move the hook as I have not tried it on any implement) and if not I will bolt it in place. Now, my biggest question for you guys. Do I have to purchase the top link adapter from HF to use he RCR1260? I have read posts stating YES and NO. If you get your RCR hooked up would you let me know if it's able to pivot up and down on the hitch (as in going over ditches and whatnot)?

I didn't mean to hijack your thread....

Regards,
EZ

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Now, my biggest question for you guys. Do I have to purchase the top link adapter from HF to use he RCR1260? I have read posts stating YES and NO. If you get your RCR hooked up would you let me know if it's able to pivot up and down on the hitch (as in going over ditches and whatnot)?
I have used my neighbor's 4' CountryLine Rotary Cutter and his has the top link adapter. I don't think that the cutter would work as well without the top link adapter. One may be able to use the rotary cutter without the top link adapter but I think it would not work well unless you have a perfectly level piece of land without rocks, stumps, pot holes, or even a rolling grade. In other words, it probably would not cut well without the top link adapter. Anyway, that has been my experience.

EZstreet

Equipment
L3901 HST
Sep 16, 2016
East Tennessee
I have used my neighbor's 4' CountryLine Rotary Cutter and his has the top link adapter. I don't think that the cutter would work as well without the top link adapter. One may be able to use the rotary cutter without the top link adapter but I think it would not work well unless you have a perfectly level piece of land without rocks, stumps, pot holes, or even a rolling grade. In other words, it probably would not cut well without the top link adapter. Anyway, that has been my experience.
I just called HF and ordered the hitch adapter. I hope it works well.

Thanks,
EZ

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
SC
The quick hitch bushing set takes care of the two bottom connections. Will "quick hitch ready implements" require a bushing for the top connection?