Hours on new kubota

perryrlund

Equipment
Bx25D
Jun 3, 2015
Gladstone, Michigan
I just purchased a brand new Kubota BX25D from the dealer and have a couple of questions I hope the veterans can answer.

1. When I started it up for the first time the hour meter read 2.0 hrs. Should a brand new tractor from the dealer have 2.0 hours on the engine when it's received by the customer? I'm not sure if this has to do with testing done on the engine at the factory or if it was used as a demonstration model.

2. The lens on the instrument panel has condensation on the inside that isn't going away. Any advise on how to cure that problem. I assume water got in the panel when it was stored outside by the dealer.

3. The unit came with QC and had the pallet fork assembly on it. I switched it to the bucket and it was a bugger to get the bucket on. I followed the directions in the book but the holes didn't quite want to line up no matter how I titled the bucket or raised it. I had to use a hammer to tap the pins in and eventually the bucket went on and operates fine. I was under the impression that with the QC the bucket should be able to be put on with the pins lining up and sliding in. That wasn't my experience with switching out the bucket the first time.

Any responses would be appreciated so I know if I have any issues I should discuss with the dealer.

pughde

Equipment
BX2360
Jul 1, 2013
Snellville
I just took delivery of a new L4701 which was order from Kubota. It had 2 hours on it I believe they have a checklist they go through.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I just purchased a brand new Kubota BX25D from the dealer and have a couple of questions I hope the veterans can answer.

1. When I started it up for the first time the hour meter read 2.0 hrs. Should a brand new tractor from the dealer have 2.0 hours on the engine when it's received by the customer? I'm not sure if this has to do with testing done on the engine at the factory or if it was used as a demonstration model.

I would not worry about those two hours - much like a car might have a couple of miles on it "new" - I would think that a dealer would start it up and run it a while to make sure everything was right before it being delivered

2. The lens on the instrument panel has condensation on the inside that isn't going away. Any advise on how to cure that problem. I assume water got in the panel when it was stored outside by the dealer.

You are probably right - might have rained like crazy - I think if given enough time the water will go away, maybe if it bothers you, take a hair dryer on low and heat the panel up a bit

3. The unit came with QC and had the pallet fork assembly on it. I switched it to the bucket and it was a bugger to get the bucket on. I followed the directions in the book but the holes didn't quite want to line up no matter how I titled the bucket or raised it. I had to use a hammer to tap the pins in and eventually the bucket went on and operates fine. I was under the impression that with the QC the bucket should be able to be put on with the pins lining up and sliding in. That wasn't my experience with switching out the bucket the first time.

If the bucket was not aligned perfectly - I could see it being a PITA - see if that improves as you repeat the procedure.

Any responses would be appreciated so I know if I have any issues I should discuss with the dealer.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I agree with pughde about the checklist, I would be upset if it didn't have time on the clock for checkout. Any problem the dealer solves before delivery eliminates a call back for him and a hassle for you. I would think that checkout would have included switching attachments. I am also surprised on delivery they didn't go through the setup procedure for the attachments with you. When I took delivery it came with the fel and snowblower both attached. After removing both the technician went through the procedure with me on attaching and removing each one.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia

If the bucket was not aligned perfectly - I could see it being a PITA - see if that improves as you repeat the procedure.

My BX25DLB has the same issue. Since it is not a Swiss watch with German tolerances here is what I do.

When switching from bucket to forks or blade, pull up to the implement and curl fully. Lift it just off the ground so it is fully supported by the QC(I actually lift it to waist level because I am lazy). I have to grab the left side of the bucket etc and lift slightly and the pin will easily slide in. That aligns the right side with no fine tuning necessary.

Since the QC aligns the attachments with the two ears and the center pin, any dirt, grease build up etc will affect the alignment.

There is my two cents.

pughde

Equipment
BX2360
Jul 1, 2013
Snellville
My tractor came with two attachments, Grapple and FEL loader bucket. The loader bucket has never been attached. I will try it when tractor returns from the dealer. See my other post for details about that.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
Just echoing some of the answers above...

1) My BX had an hour on the clock when new. As above... they do a check-out/set-up and it will be run some.

2) Personally... the condensation would make me upset. (Especially if its supposed to be a sealed gauge) That's inside the gauge, and that moisture will eventually destroy the electronics. I see it all the time in the motorcycle and PWC world. I would have the dealer replace it. OR... if you don't want to deal with the dealer (and the tractor being gone) and you have welding equipment... you can purge the gauge with argon, CO2, or other inert gas. In the bottle, those gasses are perfectly dry, and will displace any moisture. (just blow it into any opening, or drill a couple small holes in the back so it can flow in and out)

3) Checking bucket/parts alignment may help, but as said already... it's not a Swiss watch. Dirt, pressure, grease, etc. can keep it from fitting easy. My FEL was hard to get the left hand pin in, but it always comes apart easy. (after a load, things would align) But, as I've used it... the paint has warn away... and now I can get the pins in easier. Knowing that... I'd use it a little before worrying too much.

Just my 2 cents... take it for what it's worth.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
What they said, our dealer moves machines around and some shoppers may want a quick demo.

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
Have an M series and we swap bucket/grapple/snowplow etc often, I've added alignment ears to some of the accessories to help guide the coupler together and also wrapped a thin tape stripe around the loader cross brace and then with help, paint a line on the accessory to get it within a half an inch for drive in alignment. Also, where you leave the accessory has to be flat, compared to where the tractor parks. Off angle attachment is even more tough, it takes a lot of practice.

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
I'd be more worried if it had less than one hour. Might mean they just spent extra time checking everything out. Two Kubota's here and we've found out later they should have spent a little more time checking things out.