hour meter drive assy??

oldbeek

Equipment
B8200d with loader
Jan 28, 2015
lancaster CA
I have a b8200d with a D950 engine. My tachometer/ hour meter stopped working. Drive assy went bad. The drive assy has a seal that keeps engine oil from lubing the bevel gears. Bevel gears must be lubed therefore the assy died of old age and No lubrication. new assy $61.00 + labor. My inclination is to pull the drive cable and squirt oil into the new drive assy on a scheduled basis. Anyone else doing this?

retiredlawnboy

Equipment
M6800, L245DT, L245H, Gravely 816T with Cab and Wing Mower, 5665, 1960s Li
Nov 24, 2014
Danville, OH 43014
I have had several L245s with D1101s that if you didn't lube the cable periodically it would seize up and snap. Been through a lot of them but I too just recently have a gear box that I think has stopped working and was under the impression that it was lubed by the crankcase. I will have to look in to that when it gets a bit warmer in the barn.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mine was out when I got my tractor. Replaced it, and add a little oil to it, and service the cable with some liquid wrench when I do the oil change.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Seems to me the tach works on mine but the hour metere isn't. Hasn't been a priority yet as I have concentrated on servicing and getting the 4x4 working.

I would like the hour meter working to track the hours. Is this part something your have to get from Kubota or is there a part elsewhere that works?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

oldbeek

Equipment
B8200d with loader
Jan 28, 2015
lancaster CA
Corney, I'm thinking thats a kubota only part. Hour meter is gear driven with the tach. So it sounds like you have a gear out going to the hour meter if the tach still works.

You do have another option, and that is adding an electric hour meter such as this one in the link.

http://www.galco.com/buy/Redington-...22-0004-RDTN&gclid=CInWsYu3vsMCFUY8gQodehkA0A
The link shows a 115/230volt AC hour meter. How does that work? I think the link was supposed to show a 12 volt DC hour meter.

volp

Equipment
Kubota B6001, MF35 with backhoe, Ford 3000, JD LX186 Lawn tractor

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The link shows a 115/230volt AC hour meter. How does that work? I think the link was supposed to show a 12 volt DC hour meter.
The old google-fu got me :eek:. Did a search for 12 volt hour meter and it got me for the 115 vlt model :rolleyes:

Ya, at 113$ for the proper one, might as well price out the original part :eek:

gpfw

Equipment
Kubota M5700, Kubota M4500, Kubota RTV900, Kubota FS-250 Diesel Powered Welder
Jan 25, 2014
Azle, Texas
I have a 2005, M5700, open station that I would like to lub the hour meter cable but have no idea where to start. Any ideas? Thanks, gpfw.

Last edited:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I have a 2005, M5700, open station that I would like to lub the hour meter cable but have no idea where to start. Any ideas? Thanks, gpfw.
Find the cable behind the dash, and follow it down to somewhere near the injection pump. once you find the tach drive, the cable unscrews via a knurled nut. You can pull the entire cable out on most models from this connection.:D

gpfw

Equipment
Kubota M5700, Kubota M4500, Kubota RTV900, Kubota FS-250 Diesel Powered Welder
Jan 25, 2014
Azle, Texas
Nice of you, Diydave! I will give it a try. Thanks, again. gpfw

Corney

Equipment
Mine was out when I got my tractor. Replaced it, and add a little oil to it, and service the cable with some liquid wrench when I do the oil change.
What real Kubota tractor model did you reference when you bought the cable? Kubota locally was less than helpful as the L1500 DT does not exist!***128558;

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What real Kubota tractor model did you reference when you bought the cable? Kubota locally was less than helpful as the L1500 DT does not exist!***128558;
L175 ;) should be in the parts manual I sent you :D Tach drive was broke on mine. Replaced it with one for the l175/l185. Both tractors crossed to the same part number. Had to sleeve the end of the shaft with a piece of 3/8" tubing, coated the hell out of it with some hi temp/ hi strengh loctite and crimped it flat in a vise. Then buffed the bottom flush with a die grinder. New controller was machined a hair small where it mates with the groove in the injection pump shaft.

Corney

Equipment
Thanks, I thought the tack worked initially but it doesn't. I will get the part as I am a believer that regular service saves money and I have no way of tracking it.

Daren I must confess that I have shared those manuals with another new owner on this forum. We will call it a pay forward.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Thanks, I thought the tack worked initially but it doesn't. I will get the part as I am a believer that regular service saves money and I have no way of tracking it.

Daren I must confess that I have shared those manuals with another new owner on this forum. We will call it a pay forward.
Tinytach makes a diesel electronic hour meter, you just have to know the size of the inj pump lines, to order the right inductive transducer...:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

No worries :) I spent a couple weekends searching different sights before I found references to where to get the manuals. If someone wants to share them to help someone out, then more power to them :D