Hose burst

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Not a hydraulic hose but the hose at the gas station while I was filling up. Good thing the windows on the car were closed. I was dripping from the chest down with gas. Lucky we had a couple towels. Only my shoes made it home. They are outside airing out. We’ll see how they are in a couple days. Haven’t seen my wife laugh that much in years.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Not a hydraulic hose but the hose at the gas station while I was filling up. Good thing the windows on the car were closed. I was dripping from the chest down with gas. Lucky we had a couple towels. Only my shoes made it home. They are outside airing out. We’ll see how they are in a couple days. Haven’t seen my wife laugh that much in years.
That is an unusual happening. Most stations change out hoses WAY before they might fail.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
^^^^^

You know Wives can have a rather macabre sense of humor sometimes. That could have been a potentially dangerous situation for you.

Years ago we had just pulled up to church when I noticed a bit of steam coming from under the hood of our nearly new Tahoe. I popped the hood and saw what appeared to be a small leak coming from a fitting that the heater hose attached to.

I just barely touched the heater hose and the fitting broke off at the engine spraying me down with 180°F coolant and ruining a $100.00 dress shirt. Wife and Daughter both burst into laughter at the sight.

What is it with women?

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
^^^^^

You know Wives can have a rather macabre sense of humor sometimes. That could have been a potentially dangerous situation for you.

Years ago we had just pulled up to church when I noticed a bit of steam coming from under the hood of our nearly new Tahoe. I popped the hood and saw what appeared to be a small leak coming from a fitting that the heater hose attached to.

I just barely touched the heater hose and the fitting broke off at the engine spraying me down with 180°F coolant and ruining a $100.00 dress shirt. Wife and Daughter both burst into laughter at the sight.

What is it with women?
She was pretty grateful that her car did not smell of gasoline this morning. I’m laughing now as well. Could have been a lot worse