Horrible Hissing sound from loader

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
I was out using the loader today on my bx 2670, and whenever I would lower the loader it would make a hissing sound near the right lift cylinder. There is no leak anywhere and believe its done it since new. It only happens when lowering. Almost sounds like there is an obstruction of flow somewhere maybe making a loud hissing sound. Is this normal or do I have an issue?

Thanks, Bryan

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I was out using the loader today on my bx 2670, and whenever I would lower the loader it would make a hissing sound near the right lift cylinder. There is no leak anywhere and believe its done it since new. It only happens when lowering. Almost sounds like there is an obstruction of flow somewhere maybe making a loud hissing sound. Is this normal or do I have an issue?

Thanks, Bryan
Do the arms move with the speed and power that they should?
hissing....like fluid movement? or air ?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
When you push the lever all the way forward to the float postion and the bucket drops, it is normal to hear a hissing sound. It's the sound of fluid passing through a small hole in a hurry.

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Yeah the arms seem to move in sync and the noise sounds more like restricted fluid movement. I don't think it was in float, I'll have to check that. Thanks

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
It is normal on letting the loader down, the weight of the loader is overcoming the hydraulic flow available and trying to force the fluid faster than the pump is moving it.

You will not hear it in the other functions as the loader weight is not bearing on those hydraulic functions directly.

And as mentioned, using the float will only make the noise more pronounced, as there is no hydraulic pump flow when using the float position.

David

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Thanks. Well, oddly enough it's not making the loud hissing today!! Everything sounded and functioned normal. I guess I'll keep working it and see if it happens again.