Hooked up Battery wrong now wont start

Dchalona

Equipment
L2800
Dec 24, 2016
Hammond
Tried jumping and no difference. I have lights on dashboard, click with key turn. I have lights, turn signals everything. It just does not crank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I did a quick reread of the thread and didn't see this tried. Sorry if I missed it. Try a jumper cable directly from the positive battery terminal to the starter. If the starter cranks, the starter, ground, and battery are okay. Then try a jumper from the battery to the solenoid.

Dchalona

Equipment
L2800
Dec 24, 2016
Hammond
Okay I'll try that. I will Jace to do a bit of research to find where solenoid is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
The large wire from the positive battery terminal goes to the starter solenoid. The other terminal of the starter solenoid goes to the starter. The ignition switch energizes the solenoid and the solenoid closes to energize the starter. By jumpering directly to the starter you are bypassing everything. Make sure you are ready for the possibility of the tractor starting and have the tractor in neutral or brakes locked it hydrostatic. If you have the ignition key off the fuel solenoid should be closed to prevent starting.

Bunnyfarm1

Equipment
bx2350
May 10, 2016
covington,tn
I know this is an old post but I just had this same problem and took the whole dash apart on my bx 2350. come to find out on mine there was a fuse able link on the wiring harness close to the alternator. replaced it and everything worked fine . believe it was a 50 amp square red looking thing.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I know this is an old post but I just had this same problem and took the whole dash apart on my bx 2350. come to find out on mine there was a fuse able link on the wiring harness close to the alternator. replaced it and everything worked fine . believe it was a 50 amp square red looking thing.
To help you in the future.......

A square red looking thing is a Slow Blow fuse not a fusible link.

A fusible link is actually a special piece of wire covered with a special insulation.

The wire melts during an overload but the insulation stays in place to keep the ends of the wires from shorting against a ground.

B21 fusible link.jpg

The problems that take a while to solve are the ones you will remember for a long time :)

Dave