This seems to say the same thing you are describing

1623629334104.png

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not familiar with your model, but I saw the same thing on a neighbor's Yanmar. Turns out when he replaced the fuel tank, he installed it 180 degrees out. (reversed front to back)

Daves 72 kubota

Equipment
L200 kubota
Jun 12, 2021
Spartanburg sc
Not familiar with your model, but I saw the same thing on a neighbor's Yanmar. Turns out when he replaced the fuel tank, he installed it 180 degrees out. (reversed front to back)
The hydraulic line are on the fuel tank I'm not sure if it could be turned because of the steal lines. The hydraulic lines look original

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Then I'd have to guess either wrong fuel tank or wrong hood. :unsure:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On my L185 the hole lines up very well with cap of the fuel tank.

On my tractor there is no way to put the tank in incorrectly.

But if the other things line up correctly then you can’t move the hood to try to change the hood or the tank.

Good luck

Daves 72 kubota

Equipment
L200 kubota
Jun 12, 2021
Spartanburg sc

But if the other things line up correctly then you can’t move the hood to try to change the hood or the tank.

Good luck
that's what I was thinking. That's why I wonder if it was by design or maybe factory defect not sure 😂

Daves 72 kubota

Equipment
L200 kubota
Jun 12, 2021
Spartanburg sc

Good luck
My son found out what was going on with the hood the hood has got to be lifted about an inch near the steering wheel. That mean the console for the main key and starter button has to be raised

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
My son found out what was going on with the hood the hood has got to be lifted about an inch near the steering wheel. That mean the console for the main key and starter button has to be raised
That is interesting. The console on mine bolt to the same structure as the fuel tank. I guess you can add a spacer to the console. There are also some rubber pads on the console to hold the hood up.

The front of the hood mounts to the battery tray so you might be able to lower it? I found a replacement battery holder for my L185 and it was shorter than what was left so I added about a one inch spacer.

Good luck

Daves 72 kubota

Equipment
L200 kubota
Jun 12, 2021
Spartanburg sc
That is interesting. The console on mine bolt to the same structure as the fuel tank. I guess you can add a spacer to the console. There are also some rubber pads on the console to hold the hood up.

The front of the hood mounts to the battery tray so you might be able to lower it? I found a replacement battery holder for my L185 and it was shorter than what was left so I added about a one inch spacer.

Good luck
On mine the battery bolts to the steering box and the console bolts to the top of battery tray I think the rubber spacer you mentioned would work great

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The bumpers are available from the dealer but way expensive on my L185.

You may want to see if they are available for your tractor.

A piece of weather strip from a car junkyard may be what would work