Hood needed for M6040 (M7040 will work)

Bucktrot

Jun 4, 2017
Birmingham
My M6040 hood has completely come apart. (15 yrs of rough use!). I need an entire hood... lights, screens... I mean I need the entire hood ready to be attached and lights connected.

Shot in the dark but maybe someone can help! Thank you in advance for your help and for reading!!

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
When mine was damaged, I just ordered a new one from the dealer.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Noticed you are needing a variety of things based on recent posts: hood assy w/lights, intelli-panel/instrument cluster, sway bar. Sounds like some research with farm equipment salvage dealers may be in order. 85Hokie listed several good sources above. I’ve also had some success with https://www.worthingtonagparts.com/salvage-parts.

It may take some internet and phone research to track down a place that has what you need but if you’re looking for a cost effective alternative to NIB OEM from the dealer finding a salvor with a donor tractor or two is probably your best option with the shopping list you have. If you’re needing more than the list above it might even make sense to look for a tractor with a bad transmission or engine and buy the whole thing for a parts tractor.

Bucktrot

Jun 4, 2017
Birmingham
Noticed you are needing a variety of things based on recent posts: hood assy w/lights, intelli-panel/instrument cluster, sway bar. Sounds like some research with farm equipment salvage dealers may be in order. 85Hokie listed several good sources above. I’ve also had some success with https://www.worthingtonagparts.com/salvage-parts.

It may take some internet and phone research to track down a place that has what you need but if you’re looking for a cost effective alternative to NIB OEM from the dealer finding a salvor with a donor tractor or two is probably your best option with the shopping list you have. If you’re needing more than the list above it might even make sense to look for a tractor with a bad transmission or engine and buy the whole thing for a parts tractor.
Thanks!!!! I appreciate your time and help. :)

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I priced a new hood, screens, lights, etc... from Kubota and nope!!!!! Surely, there is an insurance tractor or a scratch-n-dent or used Kubota hood out there somewhere!!!!
my old one has a dent on the hood. The lights, grill had to be moved to the new one. you are welcome to the old one. It was functional when I removed it. Just a big dent.

Bucktrot

Jun 4, 2017
Birmingham
my old one has a dent on the hood. The lights, grill had to be moved to the new one. you are welcome to the old one. It was functional when I removed it. Just a big dent.
You are so kind!!! Thank you. I'm just wondering if buying the lights, grill and I'm assuming, the screens is going to be more expensive than just holding out for a total hood with everything attached.

I see you're just south of WR, Ga. Hmmmmm. Can we talk? I'm in B'ham, AL and I go to Columbus, GA often... I could head east and come to you. Hmmmmm.... :). how bad's the dent? I suppose I could beat the dent out?

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Be glad to meet you in Columbus. I sent pics to your email. Not sure how much the screen and lights are. Shouldn’t be too much. Everything bolts right in.