Honda riders

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
(AP) - Honda Motor Co. is recalling 126,000 motorcycles for a second time because their brakes can malfunction.

The recall covers Honda's GL-1800 motorcycles for model years 2001-2010 and 2012. A problem with the secondary brake master cylinder can cause the rear brake to drag, potentially leading to a crash or fire.

Honda had received 533 complaints through July 24, including reports of eight small fires. There have been no reports of crashes or injuries as a result of the problem.

Honda originally recalled the motorcycles in December 2011 but continued to receive complaints. It says in documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that the "root cause has not been determined" and it is continuing to investigate.

Honda will send a letter to each motorcycle owner explaining how to look for the problem. Motorcycles with the defect can be taken to the dealer for inspection. Owners will get a second letter when repairs and replacement parts are available.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thats a shame. Got a friend who has one. One of the most nimble and effortless bikes i've ever ridden.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
That recall is just an extension of one back a few years ago on the GoldWing. I was partly responsible for one GoldWing recall back in 2003 that led to over 12.300 bikes getting frames re welded or replaced up here in Canada and over 33.000 in the US. Honda do handle this sort of thing well though.
Our Wing has been flawless but like everything these days they need to be inspected on a daily basis. If you don't know what to look for get someone who does and let them train you. Most of the guys who work at our local Honda Motorcycle dealership are only used to working on four wheelers, snowblowers..... not to mention that their shops are filthy.
The GoldWing is about one of he most complicated bikes on the road so any repairs will be done be me.

We got a recall on our Dodge Caravan. It stated that the master power window switches can cause a fire if water gets in them. The recall states that there's no fix or parts for the issue yet. I guess in a not so direct manner they are just saying not to park your van in your garage so you don't risk burning everything to the ground :rolleyes:

Thanks for this my good buddy Skeets. :cool:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
It's allways wise to get any recall stuff done asap , recalls dont allways affect all owners of bikes concerned but its free and safety allways comes first guys.
had a few recalls on some of my previous bikes but problems never afflicted my bikes, but did alot of others.
My dukes have never had any recalls applicable to them model specific to date, but then they are italian semi hand built race bred bikes so safety was never going to be at the top of the list for the end user....:eek:;)

keep it safe guys.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Your welcome my friend, remember we have to look out for our selves, aint no cage ever going to show any respect to 2 wheelers Ride safer my friends

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Paul you have your self one super fine looking set up there,, but then from you,, I would expect nothing less :)
OHHHHHHHHHH that's a purrrrty looking little red muddercycle :)

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Your welcome my friend, remember we have to look out for our selves, aint no cage ever going to show any respect to 2 wheelers Ride safer my friends
Your a true rider my buddy and you speak the truth. Now we want to see a photo of your beast.

Lovely. Tell us a bit about it, please!

Paul you have your self one super fine looking set up there,, but then from you,, I would expect nothing less :)
OHHHHHHHHHH that's a purrrrty looking little red muddercycle :)
Thanks buddy. We are skipping work today and getting ready to head out for the day on it. The sun is shining, no wind and warm so why not. I'll post a video on it tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My '03 Wing got called in for the welding...

It had 600 mi on it then and while in the shop they called me and said my fork seals were leaking. It would be $400 to replace them. If I didn't I could set up a front fork oscillation and crash. I said "That sounds like a warranty issue at 600 mi." They said Honda considered it a "wear issue."

I told them that if their Honda Rep didn't buy me new seals for my 600 mi bike, I would formally forward notice of this defect to the NTSB and push for a recall of the affected bikes.

They fixed my fork seals. But never fixed my radio.

Never again.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
LOL ,ya sure that wasn't my HD dealer you took it to?:D