High Altitude Operations

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
B3200 is a non turbo motor (turbo motors compensate for altitude).

Since you have a standard diesel, I have seen some threads that suggest retarding the timing to compensate for the higher altitude. The engine won't produce as much power at higher altitude but should still run.

One option is to add a turbo: http://www.turbo-kits.com/kubota_turbo_kits.html

douguy

Mar 19, 2014
Deatsville, Alabama,
I guess it does sound a little strange wanting to know about high altitude opns at 9000ft elevation...I will be taking my tractor to the Colorado where I have a place at high elevation...I was just wondering if that Kubota b3200 which I am dealing on would function ok up there..."Thin air is hard on thick people" but how about machinery?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the answer, I personally would buy the tractor there (in Colorado) if that's where your going to need to use it, I do believe the dealers in Colorado will be very aware of the problems associated with high altitude use.
It would also be cheaper not to have to haul the tractor there from Alabama.
Going with a turbo model will lessen the issues, but a turbo in a B just isn't practical, jump up to an L then it would make more sense.

Edit: I reread your post, and you already have the tractor, maybe talk to a dealer in CO and see if they can make the adjustments for cheap enough for you.

Last edited: