Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Comments are fine I simply dont want it getting out of hand

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
What do you mean you posted for information? Its obviously a hot button item and people are going to talk about it. Talking about it means offending a few people and thats grounds for canceling in upside down world.
Well my friend I know it is a hot button for a lot of folks including my self, I just want comments kept civil or it will the managers will pull the plug it is that simple

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Would national background checks be good for getting a voter ID card?
Asking for a friend.

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
It's how the first one started.
I think you mean the Revolution? (although technically, I suppose that WAS a "civil war" too)

Sheepfarmer - I propose that we start by actually enforcing the existing laws. For example: it's a crime to submit false information on the background check form, and that happens several thousand times per year (tens of thousands, I think, I would have to look it up again), yet it is never prosecuted.

What's the point of more laws if we're not even enforcing the existing ones?

Reactions: 2 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I will add comment in the form of a short story. I am 59 years old and have a brother 5 years younger. He and I were inseparable for the first 40 years of life. He is a musician, college graduate ,charming ,handsome and articulate. Unfortunately he cant get a job due to his inability to pass a drug test. He also is an alcoholic. His condition has deteriorated to the heartbreaking level. He feels ,like most musicians everything should be legal including the hard drugs that have just been legalized in the Pacific Northwest. I found myself asking him if the "benefits" of alcohol, frequently abused drugs and firearms have been a net benefit to humanity. No response. I have enjoyed alcohol and firearms (not used together usually) most of my life. 6 months ago I gave up alcohol not because it was a problem but because if you get close to an alcoholic your view is forever altered. I feel humans have demonstrated without question their lack of ability to control themselves. If I were god I would eliminate many drugs, all alcohol ,and all firearms. Twenty years ago I would have felt entirely different. I hardly speak to my brother anymore.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Skeets, you can't poke a hornets nest with a stick and not expect them to come out

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I get a big kick of ole pops always addressing everyone on the forum as "kids". And then tells everyone to behave! And if you don't he'll have "his' thread locked!

I'm just at a loss as to what to do next, cry or clap.

• Haha

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Question Skeets or others if they keep it as Skeets requested. It is ready to Strike each time you want to squeeze it and might be considered a semi auto. This is a weapon that is used to kill more people than the one Joe keeps talking about. There are no background checks or training. It's not protected by the Constitution and probably almost all tractor owners and most homeowners have one. Very seldom is this weapon locked-up. The only law on it is that it's illegal to assault or murder someone with it. Should we consider adding commonsense laws on it? Trying to see if anyone would guess that it is a hammer!

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im sorry Dave, but I dont understand what you are getting at. Less than 1% of all firearm shootings have accrued with a rifle of ANY kind. Thus the AR 15 and AR related platforms, are no more deadly than and other and this is in the FBI reports. A person is 3 times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an AR, again FBI reports. And the phrase "shall not be infringed" cannot be interrupted any other way. The whole gun control thing is not about guns or the children or to make the streets safer for you and me. It is about control, simply control, just MHO you understand

Reactions: 2 users

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I would really appreciate the legislators that would actually research how their proposed 'new' gun control legislation would have affected the commission of any of the recent shooting tragedies and realize that an AR( stands for Armalite Rifle) is just one of many semi-automatic rifles, handguns, and shotguns that are used for many sporting activities.

My usual comments to my representatives is as follows-

Gun Control Statement

If any legislation is needed, it is to facilitate the enforcement of existing laws that were not implemented in the recent shooting tragedies!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Im sorry Dave, but I dont understand what you are getting at. Less than 1% of all firearm shootings have accrued with a rifle of ANY kind. Thus the AR 15 and AR related platforms, are no more deadly than and other and this is in the FBI reports. A person is 3 times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an AR, again FBI reports. And the phrase "shall not be infringed" cannot be interrupted any other way. The whole gun control thing is not about guns or the children or to make the streets safer for you and me. It is about control, simply control, just MHO you understand
Trying to see if anyone would guess that it is a hammer that is used far more often than an AR according to the FBI.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
]Steppenwolfe said:
Hardly...
As random said above:
I think you mean the Revolution? (although technically, I suppose that WAS a "civil war" too)
Random is correct... that's what I get for hitting the "post" button while rushing out of the house to deal with a fallen FIL.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
No... we have the right to vote.
We also have the right to keep & bear arms.
The right right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
No... we have the right to vote. However, we can loose that right just like our 2nd if we violate the law and become a convicted felon.
We have the right to keep & bear arms also. Or are you discounting that right?

If we need a background check to make sure the person is who he says and that he is legit, why would not the same requirement for voting be good? Keep in mind, it is the voters that decide the politicians that decide the gun laws.

Not only should we have background checks for voting ID's we should also have a simple test to make sure the IQ is at least above the turnip before voting. I would have no problem with some level of test for a gun owner as well (like I took the hunting course before being allowed to hunt with a gun in my state).