help with my 3 point.

wackfester

Equipment
b 7100 hst loader
May 10, 2013
new port richey Florida
Hello ok i am in need of helpi just got my b7100 home and i need a little help
i can not get my 3 pt to move at all trying to navigate all of the levers.there must be something i am not doing.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Not sure about your particular model but most Kubotas have a knob (like a doorknob) under the seat area. That knob controls the speed of the 3PH lowering. It can be set tight enough that the 3PH won't come down.

Not sure if that is the specific problem you are experiencing but it is worth a try to loosen that knob.

You say that you "just got it home". Does that mean it is new to you, returned from service, returned after being borrowed, or what? The reason is that maybe something or somebody caused a linkage to be unattached.

Just searching for possibilities.
Also:
Check the hydraulic oil level.
Does the FEL work correctly (if so equipped)?
Does the hydraulic pump make a different noise when the 3PH lever is operated?

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Some B7100s have a handle just under the front of the seat that controls auxiliary hydraulic flow out to a front end loader or some other hydraulic device. If you tractor has this valve and it is turned to the auxiliary the 3 point hitch will not operate.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm with GWD we need some more specific details on what your experiencing. It could be a simple fix thats over looked or something more indepth that would require a break down and repair.

More info please.

wackfester

Equipment
b 7100 hst loader
May 10, 2013
new port richey Florida
the linkage is moving freely i seen the knob under the seat and it looks to be all the way in.i will look it over when i get home today and thank you all...i have the serial # and i need to look it up for the right info it is an older b7100-d hst with a loader she needs lot's of love.:)

Last edited:

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
"all of the levers" raises questions as to your experience with the machine. There's only two controls that's linked to the 3 point hitch (provided that the engine's running). It's the lever on the right that controls the up & down. The knob as other mentions controls the descent rate of the 3PH since its a single actuating hydraulic system (power up, gravity down)

If you just obtained the tractor, it's strongly advised to get a copy of the operator's manual and the service manual and learn everything about the tractor. Something tells me you don't have enough fluids, if at all. There's a dipstick in front of the seat, check for fluids.

alyvols

Equipment
BX2670 with a belly mower and howse bush hog.
May 17, 2013
Franklin, TN
I only just got my bx2670 too, and it's definitely been a learninng curve let me tell ya!
I had problems with this also. Really stupid question, but have you tried raising the speed of the engine to lift it? Also, that knob under the seat, tighten it all the way up, then loosen just a little.
Let us know what you find out.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
the linkage is moving freely i seen the knob under the seat and it looks to be all the way in.i will look it over when i get home today and thank you all...i have the serial # and i need to look it up for the right info it is an older b7100-d hst with a loader she needs lot's of love.:)
Where do the hydraulic hoses that go to the loader connect? If they come back to the rear and connect under the seat then you probably have the valve that I refered to in my first response. MY B7100 HST is connected in this manor. Turn the handle under the front of the seat one direction and the loader works. Turn it in the other direction and the 3 point hitch works. The 3 point hitch drop speed control that others have mentioned (on a B7100) does not look like a nob you can just turn. It is bolt sticking out of the control valve with a jam nut on it. It is probably painted white. If you are looking at what looks like a nob under the front of the seat it is not the 3 point drop speed.

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
Yup the knob under the front of the seat is an aux control lever. One way allows the fluid to flow to the 3PH, the other way directs it elsewhere(cant remember which is which, but you'll feel the detents). I was unaware of this myself until I tried to "adjust" it, as mine dropped very slowly. Everyone talks about a flow control valve under the front of the seat, that how ever is the newer models, I believe. The flow control valve on yours is under the left side of the seat also but is a painted bolt with a lock nut on it, it's not very obvious to it's function. Loosen the lock nut and adjust bolt to desired drop rate.