Help with hydraulics

Stu

Equipment
L2201
Dec 9, 2015
England
Sorry if this has bee asked before but hopefully someone will help.
I've got a old ZL2201 Zen-Noh (L245) at the moment it only has the standard hydroillics that power the 3pt linkage. I need to know how to tap into this so I can have a quick conect coupling at the rear so I can use post driver & other hydroillicly powered implements. If anyone has done this or your tractor is fitted out with rear hydroillics it would be really helpfull if you could post some photos so I can see exactly where I should tap into mine. Not knowing much about tractor hydroillics I'm unsure how I go about getting 2 valves at the rear of tractor as I assume I need both flow& return to operate thugs like a hedge cutter or rear back actor (digging attachment)
If anyone has done this PLEASE HELP as don't want to break anything playing around with things
Thanks for any help you can offer me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not knowing the exact setup of the ZL2201 Zen-Noh, Post pictures of the area right and left of the seat and in front of it, also pictures of the hydraulic pump and piping.

Stu

Equipment
L2201
Dec 9, 2015
England
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to down load any photos for some reason. I'll try to explain the parts. The first option I have been told is by adding a feed & return from the valve under the seat. This has a screw to adjust what I assume is the flow to the hydraulics with a arrow pointing clock-wise & the letter L & S on the other side. There is a pipe that's goes from the pump up & over the gearbox/transmission into what look to be the top of the lift arms of the 3pt linkage. To the left of this (from sitting on or looking from the rear of tractor) there's what looks like could be some sort of cover or valve that has a bolt/plug at the back of & this I'm told I can remove this & take a pipe from here to a coupling at the back to attach implements etc. would this work?? The trouble I see doing this is I would only have flow out but no return so would only wrk a tipper trailer but not much else. The actual pump is attached to the bk of the injector pump where it has a large pipe & a smaller diameter pipe going to the bk end of tractor. Hopefully I've explained myself so you understand as I know photos would of been so much better.what I want is both flow & return for using a hedge cutter & post driver. Thanks Stu.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to down load any photos for some reason. I'll try to explain the parts. The first option I have been told is by adding a feed & return from the valve under the seat. This has a screw to adjust what I assume is the flow to the hydraulics with a arrow pointing clock-wise & the letter L & S on the other side. There is a pipe that's goes from the pump up & over the gearbox/transmission into what look to be the top of the lift arms of the 3pt linkage. To the left of this (from sitting on or looking from the rear of tractor) there's what looks like could be some sort of cover or valve that has a bolt/plug at the back of & this I'm told I can remove this & take a pipe from here to a coupling at the back to attach implements etc. would this work?? The trouble I see doing this is I would only have flow out but no return so would only wrk a tipper trailer but not much else. The actual pump is attached to the bk of the injector pump where it has a large pipe & a smaller diameter pipe going to the bk end of tractor. Hopefully I've explained myself so you understand as I know photos would of been so much better.what I want is both flow & return for using a hedge cutter & post driver. Thanks Stu.
Your tractor (I think) prolly doesn't have an adequate Hyd system, for powering any large demand hyd implements. You might be able to do it easiest (IF the tractor has enough power) by putting a separate pump either on the front crankshaft, or on the PTO. JMHO...:D:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On the left side of the tractor under the seat do you see this plate in yellow?

If you do then that is where you tap into the hydraulic system.
You remove that plate and replace it with a plate with 2 holes, that gives you one in one out. ;)

Attachments

Stu

Equipment
L2201
Dec 9, 2015
England
Yes from what I can see of the diagram I would say mine does have this plate/cover. If it the same part I think it is (can't be sure as difficult to see clearly in diagram ) is it just a simple case of locating a new plate/cover that has flow & return then attaching new pipes etc to quick connect couplings at the bk end of the back of the tractor? How hard will it be finding this part? I live in the UK so don't yet know how easy parts are to source over here.
I was told by the guy I bought the tractor that all I need to do is remove the bolt/blanking plug at the back of this plate & replace with a hydraulic pipe but from what I understand (not much) this would only give me out wood flow to operate a tipping trailer as the fluid would pressure the ram up lifting the tipper & then the weight of the trailer bed/gravity would then lower the trailer thus putting the hydraulic fluid back into the tractors back end. Would this be Forrest or ami way off the mark.
Thanks again for your patients with my never ending questions etc. I appreciate all the help I'm getting. Thanks guys

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No you can not, "just remove the plug and tap into it"
That would cause 2 things to happen.
You would rob the fluid from the three point operation and thus the three point would cease to operate, Also doing so removes the pressure relive and regulator function of the system.

You will need to get or make the adapter plate, you will also need an open center valve to route the 2 hoses off the plate to, then off of the valve to the rear quick disconnects.