Help With 3 point B7100 HST

a1parrothead

Equipment
B7100
Jul 21, 2017
Hermiston, Oregon
Hello all,

I am new to tractor ownership so be gentle!

I have a late 80's B7100 HST. I am trying to see if my 3 point is configured correctly or if something is missing. I know that I am missing the Top Link turnbuckle. And I am trying to figure out what length to buy, but think I am also missing something on the bottom 2 bars also.

When I bought it, the guy had put 2 new (and cheap) small turnbuckles from the tractor straight across to each of the lower right and left bars of the 3 point. He said they kept the bars from swinging out and rubbing the tires. They quickly bent while brush hogging.

Do I even need those? Provided I secure the lower bars together to keep them from rubbing the tires when I do not have an implement on?

Any chance somebody with a similar B7100 HST could post a pick of their set-up?

Thanks, Jeff

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you need the check chains or your implements will just swing and catch or rub on the tires. :(

Go to kubotabooks.com and download the three part service manual and the operators manual, it will show you the whole setup. ;)

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Here is a view of my B7100hst TPH. It is the newer style, 6 bolt front hubs, built around 1996 or so.
Welcome to the forum!

Attachments

a1parrothead

Equipment
B7100
Jul 21, 2017
Hermiston, Oregon
Thank you. That's what I was looking for.

I am missing my top link. Can you give me some specifics about the one you have like length, brand and where you bought it? I just want to make sure I buy the right thing.

Jeff

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Standard Cat 1 top links are 16" or 13" long. The original was 14.5" and I ordered mine from Agri Supply, Part number 106099, the "Kubota" top link. $18.99 plus shipping.
My tractor came with a backhoe so it was missing the top link. I tried the 13 and 16 but neither was right for my box blade. The 14.5 is. I had to grind the tractor end of the link down a bit. Others describe that process.
My iPad isn't great for pasting links but you should be able to find it.
Here is another view of just the TPH and top link as well as the backhoe mount.

Attachments