Help me decide l3000dt 4x4

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I'm new to the forum and kubota tractors. I work with large cranes and dozers on a reg basis but have not owned or ran any tractors under 100 hp. My neighbor has a pristine 204 hrs l3000dt 2003 with a 2006 bush hog 2446 qt loader, new 5' tiller, bush hog 5' mower, grader box and 2 bottom plow. $10,000 I'm wanting to know if this price is fair and if this would be a good little tractor. Just married and buying small 40-60 acre farm this year and want something for a little run around do all tractor. I'm not a hst must have guy I have a hst ford gt75 for mowing and a case 1056 to run the big rd baler. I would appreciate the advice and apologize for the long post. Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
First off welcome to the orange,,
and second,, if it were me GRAB AND GROWL

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Thanks fellas. I tried using the search function to see if this model had any " particulars " to it as some models do. I can't seem to find much info on this model or transmission. 8x2 standard would seem to be a solid platform but I've never been around or owned a Kubota before.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Thanks fellas. I tried using the search function to see if this model had any " particulars " to it as some models do. I can't seem to find much info on this model or transmission. 8x2 standard would seem to be a solid platform but I've never been around or owned a Kubota before.
My old L185DT had the 8x2 transmission. Reverse was about the same ratio as 3rd/7th. Worked fine!
Go for that tractor. It has a fine assortment of attachments. Decent horsepower. A great do-it-all machine!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
3rd or 4th the snap it up! All around that sound like a great deal, heck the loader alone is 4K+.

There is nothing wrong with that model at all, It was considered the "Economy" model as it didn't have all the bells a whistles as the other series had, and it only came in the gear model no HST models, so fewer were made.

Parts are easy to come by and there is nothing odd in it's design.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
3rd or 4th the snap it up! All around that sound like a great deal, heck the loader alone is 4K+.

There is nothing wrong with that model at all, It was considered the "Economy" model as it didn't have all the bells a whistles as the other series had, and it only came in the gear model no HST models, so fewer were made.

Parts are easy to come by and there is nothing odd in it's design.
I appreciate the help from everyone. I'm gonna go pick it up. What type of lifespan is recommended for overhaul on engine and trans

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I appreciate the help from everyone. I'm gonna go pick it up. What type of lifespan is recommended for overhaul on engine and trans
That sort of depends on the type of preventative maintenance that it's had and the type of work that has been done with it.

Most will never have to get into a full overhaul of either the motor or trans just a few parts hear and there.

You see and hear of them going well into the 3K+ range and still running strong will little or no issues.

Your main issues that you might face soon in the future is maybe a clutch job being that it's being used as a loader, but that's about it.

Run it threw the paces and fix anything out of sorts early to avoid costly issues, a leaky seal today, could run up to a rebuild tomorrow if not tended too.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I know the previous owner only used it to grade his 400 yd lane. Why he bought the loader I have no clue I don't think it has had 30 buckets full of gravel. He used the tiller once last yr when he bought it then went to raised bed garden this yr. the maintenance has been done every spring and fall by dealer. He just got spring service and 200 he service done two weeks ago. The county took over his lane so he no longer needs or uses it. He's so particular he put a new seat on it because his keys in pocket poked a hole in seat. 99% of its life in newer barn

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Careful... Some of us are tracking your location with a spy satellite and were going to sneak up behind you and thump you with a big stick and buy that out from under you! :D
Don't wait... Run to the bank, mattress, cookie jar and go pay the man before he gains his senses! ;)

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Careful... Some of us are tracking your location with a spy satellite and were going to sneak up behind you and thump you with a big stick and buy that out from under you! :D
Don't wait... Run to the bank, mattress, cookie jar and go pay the man before he gains his senses! ;)
As long as my wife doesn't find out that hitting me upside the head with a big stick works. I am buying it. I was looking for info on the 2446qt loader. I found some stuff on bush hog website. How do these things stack up to other loaders. He also has the tires filled with antifreeze. I'm trying to figure a weight on this machine. My gooseneck is too big and I was gonna go pick up a smaller trailer for it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bush hog loaders are right up there in quality and performance, they did up size the loader one size, it calls for a 2346 on it, up sizing is a good thing, its stronger.

Filled tires are excellent, just always have a heavy implement or ballast box on the three point when doing loader work to help balance the load, and keep the strain off the front end.

A 16 to 18 foot, med to heavy trailer will do the trick, tractor and loader your looking at about 3k to 3.5k, unless your going to haul all the implements at the same time.
It's going to get tricky as you will probably need the tractor or loader to load and unload the implements, and you'll need it on both ends at the same time. :p

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Pictures! We all like pictures! I'd like a look at that Bush Hog loader - they are top of the line in most implements.

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Bush hog loaders are right up there in quality and performance, they did up size the loader one size, it calls for a 2346 on it, up sizing is a good thing, its stronger.

Filled tires are excellent, just always have a heavy implement or ballast box on the three point when doing loader work to help balance the load, and keep the strain off the front end.

A 16 to 18 foot, med to heavy trailer will do the trick, tractor and loader your looking at about 3k to 3.5k, unless your going to haul all the implements at the same time.
It's going to get tricky as you will probably need the tractor or loader to load and unload the implements, and you'll need it on both ends at the same time. :p
I hadn't thought about a ballast box as the only loaders I've run are backhoe or payloader. Good idea though. I'll put my mad scientist hat and get to welding err.. Trying to weld. I picked up a car hauler 16' with 2' dovetail 7k trailer for it today. I'm working on posting pictures. Hopefully realtor calls back and accepts are offer on the 70 acres of old crp and woods down the rd we re wanting. I'll be working the crap out of this little booger.