Help Bx25 FEL won't work

pumpjocky

Equipment
bx25
Mar 14, 2012
whitney
Hello
I recently did a service oil change, hyd filter and strainer for my father in-law on his bx25. After I re-installed the fel I can not get any movement out of the controls now except to relieve pressure. Am i missing something...I tried opening and closing the 3pt valve and double checked the lines and still nothing.
please help
Thanks

toysRme

Equipment
BX 2360, rear blade, Jari quick attach for bucket on FEL, terminator 3 ph attach
Jan 30, 2011
Massachusetts
Check your hose connections. They may look connected but are not.

pumpjocky

Equipment
bx25
Mar 14, 2012
whitney
I tried connecting and re-connecting the fittings but that did not help. I can manually lift the bucket in float mode and then stop it. it will hold in the position but will only release and not got up.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Is your BH working properly?

GD1

Equipment
BX25
Mar 17, 2012
SE Texas
TripleR's question about the BH working is a good place to start. Just changed my fluid a few weeks ago & didn't have any issues. Didn't remove the FEL, though.

If the BH also does not work, maybe there is air trapped in the fluid. I know these sound like really stupid questions, but just trying to help by asking a couple of things. Is fluid at the correct level for sure (with all implements on the ground)? Did you run the engine at medium speed for a bit before operating anything? Not sure if you have access to an owner's manual, but it has a couple of methods listed to help remove air from the hydraulic system.

Good luck & please let us know what you find, in case this ever happens to my BX. One of the experts here may verify this, but I'm not sure if it is ok to use the float position with the bucket in lifted position.

pumpjocky

Equipment
bx25
Mar 14, 2012
whitney
Ok Thanks guys i will try those things this evening and get back to you. Yes the BH is still working. I did try to move the steering wheel but I don't think i cycled it ten times.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Listen for any change in the sound of your engine or squealing from the relief valve or movement in your hoses if you can see them.

pumpjocky

Equipment
bx25
Mar 14, 2012
whitney
I did use SUDT fluid for the service. There is no change in the sound of the engine or any movement in the hoses. its almost like the control is not activating the valve or something to that effect. i am at a loss here it was working perfectly before i disconnected it and now nothing. I have tried everything on here and anything that the forums suggest.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

akranger72

Equipment
Kubota BX25, RB0560 rear blade, BB0548 box scraper, PF10 bucket forks.
Feb 12, 2012
Delta Junction, AK
pumpjocky did you figure out the front loader issue? I'm getting ready to do my 50 hour service and could use some advice if its needed? Changing the filters and cleaning the screen is easy enough but hope to avoid the issue you were or still are having? Maybe just air pocket in your system? Thanks