Help - B7000 Leaking transmission oil rear pto

mmmkay777

Equipment
B7000
Jan 7, 2017
UK
Hi, I attached my mower yesterday to the rear pto and mowed approx 1/2 an acre no problem. Checked tractor this morning in shed and small pool transmission fluid on floor coming from rear pto. This is the first time since getting the tractor I've put something on the pto.

So questions are:

Is the transmission oil to the rear pto from the common reservoir in front of the seat?

How do I go about finding out what's the issue?

The plate around the pto has 6 bolt heads do I just unscrew these and see what's underneath? Obviously after draining the transmission

Can't understand Japanese so if someone who also has the b7000 parts manual tell me which page the rear pto is on - I can't get my head around which exploded diagram has the pto on it.

If the pto stops leaking when there isn't anything on it (been fine for 3 months) and the levels are fine then I presume it's ok to drive around?

Please help - first and possibly last bit of sunny weather for a while this week!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi, I attached my mower yesterday to the rear pto and mowed approx 1/2 an acre no problem. Checked tractor this morning in shed and small pool transmission fluid on floor coming from rear pto. This is the first time since getting the tractor I've put something on the pto.

So questions are:

Is the transmission oil to the rear pto from the common reservoir in front of the seat?

How do I go about finding out what's the issue?

The plate around the pto has 6 bolt heads do I just unscrew these and see what's underneath? Obviously after draining the transmission

Can't understand Japanese so if someone who also has the b7000 parts manual tell me which page the rear pto is on - I can't get my head around which exploded diagram has the pto on it.

If the pto stops leaking when there isn't anything on it (been fine for 3 months) and the levels are fine then I presume it's ok to drive around?

Please help - first and possibly last bit of sunny weather for a while this week!
Yes all of the hydraulic fluid is the same sump.

If the PTO shaft wiggles side to side or up and down it most likely need the bearings and seals replaced.

If you pull the rear plate/bearing holder you can remove the shaft and inspect the shaft, seal, and bearings.

I don't have that manual so I can't point you to the right pages.
If you have a PDF version of the manual, PM me, and you can send me a copy, and I can point you in the right place. ;)

Yes if it's not leaking use it. :D