Hello the forum

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
Greetings from the Great Smoky Mtns. Of western North Carolina. Recently retired and was looking for a project mower/tractor, like my Dad had. He sold a Kubota G4200H shortly before he passed. He was pretty fond of that old machine!! I picked up a good running G5200 HST with a mower deck to restore, in his memory. I’ll use it to mower my couple acres. I guess y’all know about the decks on these rascals!!! I’ve basically started to fabricate a entirely new deck, with the exception of the original bones. Should be a great trip!!!
One thing y’all might help me with is the crankcase dipstick. It looks like the rubber “stopper” has slid up the shaft of the dipstick. It’s the 3 cylinder, 14hp model. The nomenclature slips my feeble mind at the moment. Perhaps someone could tell me how far up from the bottom of the dipstick the stopper should be. Thanks for any intel. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

Reactions: 1 users

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum Mike. (y)

Very nice country where you retired too. :)

What everyone loves is pictures. Please give us update photos as you progress.

Thanks for your service.

Mike

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Welcome aboard !
Our youngest son is also a Marine, so Semper Fi.
There any many knowledgeable individuals on this forum who should be able to give you some sound advice.
Best of luck, and thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Greetings from the Great Smoky Mtns. Of western North Carolina. Recently retired and was looking for a project mower/tractor, like my Dad had. He sold a Kubota G4200H shortly before he passed. He was pretty fond of that old machine!! I picked up a good running G5200 HST with a mower deck to restore, in his memory. I’ll use it to mower my couple acres. I guess y’all know about the decks on these rascals!!! I’ve basically started to fabricate a entirely new deck, with the exception of the original bones. Should be a great trip!!!
One thing y’all might help me with is the crankcase dipstick. It looks like the rubber “stopper” has slid up the shaft of the dipstick. It’s the 3 cylinder, 14hp model. The nomenclature slips my feeble mind at the moment. Perhaps someone could tell me how far up from the bottom of the dipstick the stopper should be. Thanks for any intel. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike
I believe your machine has a D600 ..... which takes 3.1-3.2 Quarts of oil on changing. I would change filter and oil on level ground - wait a bit allowing oil to settle and move the stopper until it reads full and go from there. At least you will be in the ballpark when checking. A little dap of something to hold the stopper in place too.

No code has to be inserted here.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome to the Orange MP. It is a fine thing to restore an old beasty like that in memory of Dad, The S I L just got his WO2 in the corp a while back, I never know what to call him Gunner or Mr. lol

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
Thanks all for the welcome and the comments. Good idea on the oil change and glueing the stopper, 85hokie. Looking 4ward to good conversation and learning about Orange!!😂 Mickeyd, if I can finger out how post pics, I’ll do so!! Thanks to all again for the replies. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Welcome to OTT from another retired Marine (22 years). Also in NC but on east side, spittin distance from the ocean.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may be able to get a new one from the dealer.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Welcome!! I bought a G5200 for $500 several years ago. The mowdeck had one of the corner wheels TORN OFF leaving a 6 inch hole where the wheel used to be welded on.

I removed the deck, purchased a welder and learned to weld while 'rebuilding' the mowdeck.
I also bent a 4 foot length of re-rod around the perimitor of the mowdeck and welded in on to increase rigidity.

Installed REAL chevron tractor tires on the rear and often pull a driveway scraper.

Couple weeks ago, I drained/replaced the hydro fluid with Kubota Super UDT2.