Hello from a newbie with questions.

BFI

Oct 15, 2014
Holts Summit,MO
Hi to all, just discovered this site since I am seriously looking at buying a small tractor. So far I am leaning real heavy to a BX2370-1. Must haves are as follows, front end loader, and a belly mower. Primary use will be for mowing and work around the place. I have 7 acres with 4 that I keep mowed. A small portion of the 4 that we mow has just recieved major landscaping and will most likely be mowed with a push mower. I intend to maintain our 300 plus feet gravel/limestone driveway with another 300 feet drive to an out building. I need to use this for snow removal for the driveway. I live in mid Missouri so the snow can be anywhere from almost none 1 winter to several 4" snows and up to a couple of 10" to 18" snows some winters. We will also move dirt, gravel, mulch, etc. My questions start with tire decisions (turf or industrial), quick detach bucket, front blade, rear blade or box scraper. What about the BX2670-1? Is it worth the extra 1500 or so for 2 more HP and torque? When I look at the box scrapers on Landprides site there are several of them, so which one? Would you suggest a extended warranty? Should I get tire chains? Sorry for so many questions, I just want to get it right the first time. Thanks for your help in advance.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I would go with the bx23 and use the money you saved to buy implements. Tires depend on the type of ground you have . Turf tires are great for sand and snow and won't tear up you yard. But for muddy , heavy ground , go with ag tires and tire chains for the ag tires in the winter . I have no experience with r1's , don't know if they are a happy median or not. You will want a snow blade for snow too .

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Hi to all, just discovered this site since I am seriously looking at buying a small tractor. So far I am leaning real heavy to a BX2370-1. Must haves are as follows, front end loader, and a belly mower. Primary use will be for mowing and work around the place. I have 7 acres with 4 that I keep mowed. A small portion of the 4 that we mow has just recieved major landscaping and will most likely be mowed with a push mower. I intend to maintain our 300 plus feet gravel/limestone driveway with another 300 feet drive to an out building. I need to use this for snow removal for the driveway. I live in mid Missouri so the snow can be anywhere from almost none 1 winter to several 4" snows and up to a couple of 10" to 18" snows some winters. We will also move dirt, gravel, mulch, etc. My questions start with tire decisions (turf or industrial), quick detach bucket, front blade, rear blade or box scraper. What about the BX2670-1? Is it worth the extra 1500 or so for 2 more HP and torque? When I look at the box scrapers on Landprides site there are several of them, so which one? Would you suggest a extended warranty? Should I get tire chains? Sorry for so many questions, I just want to get it right the first time. Thanks for your help in advance.

Tires - what do you want to do? Turf tires will not mar up your pretty lawn but will also not be worth a hoot when you need traction. (Think loader work and pushing into a mound of dirt) Agricultural (R-1) tires are your standard tractor tires. Great for traction but they will dig into anywhere smooth and rut up your yard. R-4 are the industrial tires. They are a little wider than AG tires and have decent traction but still mark up your lawn a little bit if you have a soft yard.

Box scraper- many are all about the same but my suggestion is get one that is wide enough to cover your track and I would pay a little extra for a heavier/heavier duty unit. Weight is your friend back there.

A quick detach bucket is awesome if you plan to add implements - speaking of, decide whether or not you want/need a 3rd function valve on your tractor.

Horsepower - you rarely hear someone say I wish I had gotten a smaller tractor.

Won't ever see snow so I can't answer about chains but it seems that would help you rule out turf tires...

My setup - I went with a B2650 with R4 tires. I went back and added the 3rd function valve on the front. I have the quick release bucket and have a grapple, pallet forks, bucket. Rear ballast is coming for when I do loader work.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My questions start with tire decisions (turf or industrial), quick detach bucket, front blade, rear blade or box scraper. What about the BX2670-1? Is it worth the extra 1500 or so for 2 more HP and torque?

I WOULD SAY YES TO THE EXTRA 2 HP AND TORQUE. IF YOU ARE BORROWING MONEY, THAT $1500 WILL BE CHEAP -

When I look at the box scrapers on Landprides site there are several of them, so which one? Would you suggest a extended warranty?

NO ON THE WARRANTY - YOU GET TWO YEARS....FREE

Should I get tire chains?

YES ON THE CHAINS NO MATTER WHAT TIRES YOU PICK

Sorry for so many questions, I just want to get it right the first time. Thanks for your help in advance.

THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG - IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO -
HANG AROUND HERE - THIS PLACE IS LIKE FAMILY - GREAT FOLKS AND A GOOD RIB TICKLER EVERY NOW AND AGAIN!

lets us know what you get - milk the dealer for everything you can -
they should load your tires for free too !:D

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
BFI, I mow 3 acres and take care of 1-300' gravel lane. I opted for R4's because of a friends recommendation, couldnt be happier. They may leave some tracks in the yard if its soft but I dont mow wet grass either. They worked excellent in last years snow, well thats something to be said, without chains either.
I went with the landpride box blade BB1248, happy with it too. Its the middle of the road, Im pretty sure they make a beefery one too.
Definitely get a front plow blade or front snow blower. I went cheap and just bought a rear blade. It worked last year but spending 1.5-3 hours on my 1 lane got old too, first year amature. Front snow blower was just ordered today. I'll still use the rear blade with the snow blower doing 98% of the work.
$1500 for 10% more power, you either have the $1500 or you dont.
Get 60" belly mower so you dont rub orange paint stripes on the trees compared to a 54".
I dont have a quick attach bucket, but it would be nice. Drop the bucket off instead of the whole front loader before mowing. Also just seen there is a quick attach front blade for snow now. Just thinking out loud and youll enjoy whatever you get.

BFI

Oct 15, 2014
Holts Summit,MO
Thanks so much for the feed back. I do intend to spend lots of time here listening to what you all have to say.I like to well informed and have a good idea before I make a purchase.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK another BX guy here,, I have the 2360 and about 5 1/2 acres here in the coal country which means your either going up or down. And one thing you will find out is that you will run out of traction long before you run out of power on these little beasties. Check the specks and you will find there is not a whole lot of difference in the 23 and 26.
And yes to a 60 inch deck, they are built pretty tuff and the wild roses around here are vicious and it handled them with out a miss.
A quick hitch would be the catz arse , I run a 60 inch Land Pride rear blade and it does everything I want, but a box blade is on the wish list.
Lil Orange sits on R4's filled with aintfreez and wheel weights, and I don't use chains in the winter, a push blade has handled every thing mudder nature has thrown at us so far and that includes the 3 foot snow storm, we got right after i got the BX,, to say the least I was impressed!! So either or will work for you find, but tractors, motorcycles and hot rods are all a case of mine is bigger than yours,,lol
OH and welcome to the ORANGE:D