Heater hose location

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I looked under hood and peered into the crowded depths of the engine bay but could not find the heater hoses.
Does anyone have a diagram of the heater circuit or know the hose location on an M 6040 cabbed?
I searched the FSM for some info but could find nothing relevant.
I have not looked under the tractor or pulled the seat up yet.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Did you look at your other thread, TXJim posted a parts picture

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Well, after suffering for weeks with no AC or even a fan during the hot, muggy weather, I finally opened the access panel at the base of the seat.
I located the heater hoses [thanks Dave for the pic] put a welding vise grip on the closest hose and fired up the M.
Blessed cool air wafted from the vents both in AC and fan only [a bit colder in AC].
I assume this indicates a stuck heater valve.
I am going to operate the tractor with this jury rig for now.
When cold weather eventually returns I will remove the vise grip to get some heat.
Anybody know what's involved in replacing the heater valve or should I not worry about it and just stick a ball valve in the line and be done with it?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Anybody know what's involved in replacing the heater valve or should I not worry about it and just stick a ball valve in the line and be done with it?
Good that you know the problem source now.

I would assume two things:
Hose will crack and leak eventually being clamped.
Your heater valve also regulates the heat so you should repair it (and put a ball valve in?) unless you are okay with full heat or no heat.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Good that you know the problem source now.

I would assume two things:
Hose will crack and leak eventually being clamped.
Your heater valve also regulates the heat so you should repair it (and put a ball valve in?) unless you are okay with full heat or no heat.
I assumed long term clamping would be an issue.
Anyone know the I.D. of the the hose for the valve size?