Hearing Protection

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I use JLab Epic Air Sport ANC. Fit me great, sweat proof, and the active noise canceling feature works better than I expected. I can listen to my tunes without having to crank up the volume, and the HST whine almost completely goes away. I won't get on the tractor or ztr without them.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
And a nice feature I like about them Crash is they tell you the charge level every time you turn them on. Even when 'low charge' I've used them for days before charging.
That’s one thing I wished the isotunes did. They work, until they don’t. Haha, no knowing when that will be.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
That’s one thing I wished the isotunes did. They work, until they don’t. Haha, no knowing when that will be.
The new Free Aware will tell you when the battery is getting low, over and over and over again in your ear like you didn't hear it the first 23 times. I would say that is the only compliant I have about it. Tell me once or maybe twice, but after that shut up.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
The new Free Aware will tell you when the battery is getting low, over and over and over again in your ear like you didn't hear it the first 23 times. I would say that is the only compliant I have about it. Tell me once or maybe twice, but after that shut up.
I had a Bluetooth head set for driving that would tell you % when first on, then again at like 10%, again at 5%. Something like that would be nice.

Reactions: 1 user

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I've just used ear muffs from wherever. They seem to all work fine, much better than ear plugs. Have 2 sets on the tractor and a couple other sets hanging around.

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
I bought the Stihl Dynamic Blue tooth ones, expensive but highly recommended by a friend. I’ll report back after I’ve used them for a bit. One of the things that impressed me was the 38 hour battery life.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I use the WorkTunes.....I picked the up at Lowes a couple of years ago for about $65.00. They work well and I can enjoy some tunes while mowing etc
I have them too. And they interrupt the music for an incoming phone call. For a cheaper non- musical solution, go get some shooters ear muffs for $30.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Worktunes Connect owners, watch out for this. Especially if you wear anything over the headset, like a hood. I'm trying to figure out a way to repair and reinforce this left side insulation break before a conductor breaks or shorts and it cuts out. And reinforce the right side too.

I've taken the right side muff apart to see if the cable has any play where it passes through the "reinforcement", where that break is. I pulled a bit on the cable from the inside once the muff was apart to see if it could separate from the reinforcing and move a bit.

No go. It's a solid molded unit as I feared. And the right cable is also starting to split open there, too.

AND: they'll probably fail eventually on your Worktunes Connect, too. Winter hoods and toques or not. They're exposed and flexed every time they're used.

Any ideas out there? These are great muff music units and mine are in great condition, otherwise.
IMG_20220429_014732903_HDR.jpg IMG_20220429_022650534.jpg

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
Always looking for good ear protection. When shooting rifle ear muffs rub against the stock so I have looked for electronic ear buds. Tried the Walkers and not happy with the sound reduction. Has anyone tried theAxil GS digital ?

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Straight Stihl orange ear muffs here…don’t need any music besides what’s always in my head (between the tinnitus and random tunes my brain spews out) sometimes it’s “pop goes the weasel” sometimes it’s what I heard last, sometimes it’s daydreaming of old flames and what they are doing now…😂

Reactions: 1 user

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
I’ve been wearing the Stihl ear protection muffs and am very happy with them. I especially like how phone calls come through. It cuts out the music, the phone call comes through, you tap a button and talk.