Hearing aids

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont know about the VA ones I got mine through the Govt. agency I worked for, they are digital and go behind the ear. When you wear them they are very hard to see. They work, but it seems I can hear what is going behind me better than I can in front, thats why I dont wear them. Hell if the VA is supplying them grab and growl

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've got 24/7 tinnutis aka 'ringing in the ears' and it ain't fun. Asked the doc back in 2008, 'if I go deaf will I stil hear the ringing' ? She hasn't got back to me. I've since learned that YES, go deaf ...ringing WILL be heard, the ONLY thing you'll hear... 24/7

think about that for a bit......

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Anyone have experience with Signia hearing aids from the VA ?
Steve67,

I have no experience with that brand. I got the Resound brand from the VA. After 4 years of use I can't complain. Will be going in again in March to have the settings tweeked a bit for a little better hearing. They also gave me the Blue tooth adapters for my cell phone and TV so I can hear them through my aids and NOT have to turn up the volume too high for others in the room. Kind of nice thing to have.

Best of luck with yours. It took me about 3 months to get used to mine. If things don't seem quite right, keep going back for adjustments until they get it right.

Dave

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Friends of mine get theirs at Costco here in Canada. If I'm not mistaken $2500.00 or $3000.00 (both Ears) and if you get a Costco credit card while you're there they'll knock of another $500.00. As far as I know guaranteed for 2 or 3 years to boot. Still a lot of money for a couple pieces of plastic but if you need them what can ya do?:rolleyes:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Here in the States, if you have Medicare, they cover the cost up to (I think, 3 grand).

Despite what my wife says, I think I hear just fine.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Thanks for the responses, picked up the signia aids yesterday they are the behind the ear type with Bluetooth and adjustable thru my phone not liking them so far. Have to turn them down so I don’t sound like I’m in a echo chamber, I’ll give them a week or two see if I can adjust to them. Yeah I also have tinnitus 24/7 really sucks..

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've got 24/7 tinnutis aka 'ringing in the ears' and it ain't fun. Asked the doc back in 2008, 'if I go deaf will I stil hear the ringing' ? She hasn't got back to me. I've since learned that YES, go deaf ...ringing WILL be heard, the ONLY thing you'll hear... 24/7

think about that for a bit......
My wife has suffered with that for years now, apparently nothing that can be done at this point in time.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I did a Google search:

"Medicare doesn't cover hearing aids or exams for fitting hearing aids. You pay 100% for hearing aids and exams. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) offer extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn't cover - like vision, hearing, or dental. Contact the plan for more information."

Humana has added hearing aid coverage on some plans, but the brand (TruHearing) doesn't get very high marks.

I have ReSound hearing aids that I bought myself. Yup, think expensive, but they work! I can click an option that eliminates most noise from behind.

Glassman13

Jan 26, 2017
Amherst Ohio
I also suffer 24/7 from this issue. Need 2 but they are covered by medicare with some added costs. They're a blessing and a curse! I could not go without them.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Here in the States, if you have Medicare, they cover the cost up to (I think, 3 grand
Only if your on an Advantage plan, not regular MC. Maybe where you are since every county in every state has different plans. I have Humana Advantage and all it really does is gives you a so-called discount at certain hearing aid suppliers.
I have been using aids since 95 and my next set will be the 599 Walmart aids in the store.