Has anyone ever owned or tried one of these

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Just a little more input. I bought a 6hp walk behind trimmer, husqvarna with a briggs motor on it. I love it. No more carrying nothing. Big wheels and easy to start. 18” strings and simple to change. I wear a leatherman so having a knife and pliers makes the string change a breeze. I have despised every weed trimmer i used, until i bought this one.
You all are correct about the longevity of stihl trimmers, not difficult to repair. I maintained a variety of trimmers for parks maintenance and stihl put up with hundreds, if not thousands of hours of abuse.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I recently purchased an echo trimmer, can't remember the model but is was a step above the economy model, had a stronger head for the saw blade. I had started clearing under brush and my old green machine was getting harder and harder to start. I could only cut about 20 to 30 minutes with the green machine and it would be out of gas. It was almost a month before I had to put gas in the echo. Granted, I wasn't cutting every day but I was useing it at least as much or more than the green machine. I put a 7 1/4 circular carbide saw blade on it and it will cut a 3 inch brush in less than 2 seconds. You do have to buy an adapter to fit the saw blade to the head and HD won't have it. The Echo dealer does or maybe on line. As usual , why did I wait so long???

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I ended up buying this X Series 30.5cc Gas 2-Stroke Cycle Brushcutter and 2 days later I sold my home so now I'll have one for each hand and may not need either depending on where I buy. One thing sure is it will have a much shorter driveway. Thanks once again guys.