Has anyone built a bracket to haul garbage cans?

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Has anyone tried to use the 3 point quick hitch top hook to grab the trash can bar? I would assume the two lower hooks would stabilize it. In theory it sounds plausible.

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Has anyone tried to use the 3 point quick hitch top hook to grab the trash can bar? I would assume the two lower hooks would stabilize it. In theory it sounds plausible.
So. I did try and use the top hook of my quick hitch to grab the trash can bar. That part worked. The trash can however swung between the to lower quick hitch hooks. So I'm thinking a pipe of some length laid in the to lower hooks would fix that. My question is then would just the top hook handle all the weight? Not sure if that's the norm or distributed between all three points. Confuse anyone? Lol. Answers and opinions welcome. Thanks

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
So. I did try and use the top hook of my quick hitch to grab the trash can bar. That part worked. The trash can however swung between the to lower quick hitch hooks. So I'm thinking a pipe of some length laid in the to lower hooks would fix that. My question is then would just the top hook handle all the weight? Not sure if that's the norm or distributed between all three points. Confuse anyone? Lol. Answers and opinions welcome. Thanks
Substitute two for to...lol. Not sure how that happened.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Dang how heavy is your trash can 🤣 I don’t have a quick hitch but picturing what you are doing isn’t going to hurt anything. If you are putting your box blade or tiller on the QH they surely weigh more then your trash can 😉

Reactions: 1 user

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Dang how heavy is your trash can 🤣 I don’t have a quick hitch but picturing what you are doing isn’t going to hurt anything. If you are putting your box blade or tiller on the QH they surely weigh more then your trash can 😉
Put a crossbar in lower QH hooks. It held the trash can straight up and down. So that part worked. The problem is that the top hook won't lower enough to easily get the can off. A full can would be work. Would have to find a low spot for my rear tires this allowing can to touch. With all that said on this subject, I'm buying me a 3 point receiver hitch and the trash can grabber! Lol

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
I built this forklift mount that is removable from the front and mountable to the back three point hitch... the forks are easi love you sister. Mounted on But other attachments as I need... like the vines grapple (for my vineyardsj.

Garbage can carrier could be easily made...

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
And just to be clear I'll post a pic of the cans in question. I walk these things to the street every week about 500ft (uphill both ways). :)

View attachment 18731
I fabricated one for my trucks rear receiver that tips and lock backward. I'll see if I have some pics to show you . Should be simple to adapt for anything.

Last edited:

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
My handy dandy tote adapter for a 1/2 mile driveway lol Will prob adapt it to work on the 3pt of one of the tractors in the coming weeks.

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Those that have a carrier on your car or truck will get distracted someday. :D

Bruce